`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return on investment on hobby boxes?

Return on investment on hobby boxes?
I am just curious what most of your experiences have been on return on investment on hobby boxes? I am thinking about buying a 12 box set so I was hoping to get some input. Thanks!

RE: Return on investment on hobby boxes?
93 views and no replies. What a helpful forum

(02-25-2014, 01:16 PM)ragebkd Wrote: I am just curious what most of your experiences have been on return on investment on hobby boxes? I am thinking about buying a 12 box set so I was hoping to get some input. Thanks!
I think it depends on what you mean by return on investment. Is your goal to open the boxes and then sell the singles for a profit?

I break boxes and cases....and you tend to get higher prices if you are first/early to market with the product.

After a product has sat for a while the box prices tend to drop as collectors move to what the new item is coming out.

From a pure Retail vs. Hobby boxes...I always break Hobby as you typically have better odds on Hits and there are Hobby Exclusive hits too.

Hope this helps,

Ed
www.ForLoveofHomePlate.com
Twitter @HomePlateCards
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

Thanks for the reply!

I think if you're going to track ROI, then you'll want to keep track of your expenses so you can deduct them on your taxes against your gains. Also, if you take a loss on a business like this for three straight years, the IRS will consider it a hobby and disallow your deductions. (I don't think I've kept track of anything like that since the 90's)
I'm fdgowin all across the internet!