`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Opinion on selling off base

RE: Opinion on selling off base
I never throw away. I always pack some up in team bags and donate them to homeless shelters and the like. I'm guessing if my Family was homeless and someone at the shelter handed me a pack of base cards, it might put a small smile on my face, but I really don't know for certain. I fortunately was never in that position. I just keep sending them there and to battered women's shelters. (Just let the ladies know you're coming if you're male, or they won't open the door for you, for obvious reasons.)
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-24-2014, 06:47 PM)jonathani Wrote: I never throw away. I always pack some up in team bags and donate them to homeless shelters and the like. I'm guessing if my Family was homeless and someone at the shelter handed me a pack of base cards, it might put a small smile on my face, but I really don't know for certain. I fortunately was never in that position. I just keep sending them there and to battered women's shelters. (Just let the ladies know you're coming if you're male, or they won't open the door for you, for obvious reasons.)
that is an awesome deed that you do. I like the idea of just shipping lot sof base to people that PC certain teams.

(02-24-2014, 04:35 PM)bojesphob Wrote: I used to do base sets, but just focus on the Packers now, myself. But, I do collect Packers base. While autos and jersey cards are cool, I still like having base cards from the various sets of stuff for Packers players Smile Maybe I'm in the minority with that, though.
I still collect most 49ers and some master sets like bowman chrome and leaf certified.
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/brett031382/

Super collecting 2008 Leaf Certified, Patrick Willis and multi color patch autos

(02-24-2014, 04:35 PM)bojesphob Wrote: I used to do base sets, but just focus on the Packers now, myself. But, I do collect Packers base. While autos and jersey cards are cool, I still like having base cards from the various sets of stuff for Packers players Smile Maybe I'm in the minority with that, though.
I totally agree. I feel the same way about Panthers cards. Base cards make up the majority of my collection (by choice).
Looking for Carolina Panthers & Sterling Marlin!

I don't have it listed, but I'd certainly trade for Edge base. Once upon a time I did the $1.00 Dutch Auctions on eBay. I'd throw in mid-low end autos and/or gu with every other pack purchased...did surprisingly well getting rid of it in bulk, but not enough to support my habit. I usually donate it, give it to the youngins in the fam, or to friends' kids these days.

I appreciate the feedback on this topic. I will continue to do base lots of the same card and player when I bust cases. It will eventually sell and I can attain feedback at same time.

Only collect base cards from the high end products. Funny that people pay $300 for the box and I buy their base cards for $.99 for vets and around $3 for rookies.

(02-25-2014, 01:27 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Only collect base cards from the high end products. Funny that people pay $300 for the box and I buy their base cards for $.99 for vets and around $3 for rookies.
yes. I too like to buy exquisite & five star base cheap.

I also collect Giants base cards when I don't have much tradebait. I've had luck trading base for base lots. Never really attempted to put lots together for sale. It's all about the demand for the player or team I guess. When looking to clear space I'll include some extra base in my trades just to get rid of them sometimes.
Looking for any and all New York Giants!
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/geemen10
Thanks, Russ

I have a few members here that donate some to my students. I also do the same as I teach life skills at a high school. Anything I can do to put smiles on there faces makes me happy.
I collect these three guys. I teach life skills class for kids and can always use free cards for them.

[Image: cox3.png]