`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New HD photos of my collection (Exquisite, Bill Russell, HOF, etc)

RE: New HD photos of my collection (Exquisite, Bill Russell, HOF, etc)
Thanks man. I bought the Wilt and Pistol Pete from the same seller. That was one hell of a mailday (and a nervous wait for the postman!).

Amazing ensemble of cards, congrats.! I just love the design of 07'08 Exquisite "Endorsements" autos. Is there a reason why the majority of cards are simply autographs and have no memorabilia? Or is that just coincidental?

Nice to see you post again, btw. Always liked your collection.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Awesome collection. Most of them are low-numbered, which is great, but what I like most in those cards is the beautiful design and some very characteristic pieces of material.

Awesome looking collection! I've seen bits and pieces on the other site but never in its entirety.. Love the high quality pieces and player selection! Would love to cut my pc down to under 100 cards but I just collect (horde?) wayyyyyy too much lol. Best of luck on future additions and thanks for sharing!

vgqv, very good question about why I tend to collect autos (rather than patch autos or jersey autos). I find that, when the card is designed for just an autograph, it tends to have a cleaner look to it. I am exceptionally fussy when it comes to card design. Sometimes the patch (or jersey) window isn't framed, especially with Panini cards, which really bothers me. I like to see foil used to frame the patch. I did own a lot of jersey autos but sold them, e.g. Chronology Stitches in Time. Another thing is that the player photos tend to be much smaller on patch autos. I like the player's image to be as big as possible, with plenty of room for the autograph. Finally, I tend to only care for a game used card if the jersey is very old and rare, e.g. Bill Russell's game used letter. Jersey cards are a dime a dozen these days. And I agree, 2007-08 Exquisite Enshrinements are beautifully designed.

folkertino, thanks man - I try hard to buy cards that are well designed. I regularly buy cards that I 'think' I like but, once I get them, I change my mind and sell them on. I just keep the ones that I love 100%. By the way, I've enjoyed reading your posts on this website over the past year or so, even though I haven't taken time to post much. I still keep up with your latest maildays and player signings.

krayzie83, thanks for the kind words. It's so difficult keeping a streamlined collection - I'm often tempted to buy cheaper autos of lesser Hall of Fame players but, personally, I wouldn't be able to know where to draw the line, and I'd keep buying autos of every player who ever played! It's unsustainable. So, instead, I concentrate on quality over quantity, and try to just have one really nice card of each of the best player's in NBA history. That said, I can't help myself when it comes to high-end Bill Russell cards. I really ought to sell them and leave myself with just one Bill Russell card. Maybe I'll do that in the future if I need the funds.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

(02-27-2014, 04:53 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: I've enjoyed reading your posts on this website over the past year or so, even though I haven't taken time to post much. I still keep up with your latest maildays and player signings.
Cool, and not to worry. I am hoping to post what might be my biggest in-person auto on Sunday. Fingers crossed!