`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best stars to collect?

Best stars to collect?
I collected a lot of hockey when the stars were Gretzky , Lemieux, Yzerman, Roy etc. Just curious you you think the top seven players to collect are today?
Photobucket

RE: Best stars to collect?
People like Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane always seem to sell ok. I still think you are better off with Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Orr, Howe, Richard, Roy.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(02-22-2014, 11:10 PM)snobles Wrote: People like Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane always seem to sell ok. I still think you are better off with Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Orr, Howe, Richard, Roy.
I agree with you there. In my area people still buy Yzerman , Roy, Lemieux, Brodeur, Howe, more often than current stars. Can't do much with the current group of stars. Think the NHL lacks star power.
Photobucket

I think there are a lot of stars there but I don't know what the issue is. Maybe just too many cards of all of the players.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Scott you nailed that one. Way too many cards of current stars for people to collect all of them.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Not to mention the NHL only really markets 2 players. Crosby and Ovechkin.

(02-23-2014, 09:49 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: Not to mention the NHL only really markets 2 players. Crosby and Ovechkin.
You're right , I root for the Red Wings and you don't see the NHL marketing Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Hope I spelled those right. They keep pushing Crosby down are throats. As good as the Blackhawks have been they too receive little recognition outside the midwest. Reminds me of the NBA after Magic,Bird ,Irving and Kareem retired.
Photobucket