`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/19/14 Obscure LCS Bargain Bin Finds

2/19/14 Obscure LCS Bargain Bin Finds
The preface: My wife's Aunt and Uncle adopted a new puppy. THey live about an hour north from us. I almost never leave my house and go north. I went with my wife to meet the puppy. She drove and asked if there were any LCS in that area. It just so happens there is one about 10 minutes from where her aunt and uncle live.

On to the cards: As many of you will know I like to dig through bargain bins. THe cheaper the better and particularly if the cards are in top loaders. So I found a box with cards in top loaders. The sticker on the box said "Basketball $1" and then there was another index card at the front of the box that said "Buy 1 get 1 free". I figured I would give this a look and this is what I came up with.

[Image: IMG_NEW_zpsa780c41c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_NEW_0001_zps801536ef.jpg]
It seems like he knew what he had. I picked this stuff up because even if I cant use it a trade bait I would be happy keeping it. The Kemp, Hill Bowmans Best and East/West are all refractors (Marbury is on the other side of this card).
All of these cards were .50 each Except the Jordan H&S (Pippen is on the back), the Pierce Trademark Moves and the KG. Those three were $1 a piece.
All told I paid $9 for these 17 cards.

I checked out the display cases but everything was price tagged around or over BV and there was nothing that I HAD to have. The LCS owner pointed me in the direction of the a box. $3 per card or FIVE for $10.

[Image: IMG_NEW_0002_zps0a47bb70.jpg]
The Kidd is yellowing but I do like those cards. The LMA is a double but I would be into shipping deeper than that if I grabbed it from a popular auction site.

I also picked up a one-touch Magnetic because I picked up a Shumpert NT RPA /199 and I did not have an appropriate sized magnetic for it.

What do you guys think? I think I did pretty well but I just don't know. I would definitely go back. The guy even cut me a break. I also grabbed a couple of hockey pieces for .50 a piece. I have no clue what I got but I am only $2 into those four cards.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: 2/19/14 Obscure LCS Bargain Bin Finds
I love bargain bins Smile I think you did great, can't go wrong with a bunch of 90's inserts haha. Also would love to see a scan of the Shump Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

Nice L.A. Topps Chrome RC and I like the designs of the KG and Brevin Knight cards. Nice road-trip story.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

the thought of a LCS with bargain bins makes me drool. Those are some wonderfully fun cards you picked up, right from my favorite era of cards.