`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Black Diamond Rookie

2000 Black Diamond Rookie
I pulled this card back in 2000 and have been holding on to it, 2000 Black Diamond Rookie DiMaggio/Jeter/Mantle bat card 14/25. Should I keep on holding onto it until after Jeter retires or put it up for sale now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2000 Black Diamond Rookie
His retiring should't affect the value of the card much. It's no secret. We all know it's happening. If you were going to hold onto it, wait until a few years after he's been in Cooperstown.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-17-2014, 08:00 PM)jonathani Wrote: His retiring should't affect the value of the card much. It's no secret. We all know it's happening. If you were going to hold onto it, wait until a few years after he's been in Cooperstown.
Thanks for the tip.

if your looking to move it, i doubt waiting another 5 years is going to really increase the value that much. we all know he's already going in the hall.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I wouldn't necessarily hold on to it until he retires, but if he ends up having a good season, you might as well hold on to it until the Jeter lovefest reaches its peak (probably August or September). Better yet, if the Yankees end up winning the division (or making the wild card), Jeter will have another shot at post-season greatness. If I were you, I'd hang on a little while longer. Unless you need money in a hurry (which I doubt, since you've held on to it for 14 years), I'd wait a bit.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(02-17-2014, 09:41 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I wouldn't necessarily hold on to it until he retires, but if he ends up having a good season, you might as well hold on to it until the Jeter lovefest reaches its peak (probably August or September). Better yet, if the Yankees end up winning the division (or making the wild card), Jeter will have another shot at post-season greatness. If I were you, I'd hang on a little while longer. Unless you need money in a hurry (which I doubt, since you've held on to it for 14 years), I'd wait a bit.
conversely, if he gets hurt this season, it could dampen the market

and frankly, this year, with as many holes as the yankees have, the chance of jeter getting injured are far greater than the yanks ave of making the playoffs

I think this card in particular will be pretty stable no matter what happens. It has a couple more decent players on it as well Wink
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

The change in value + or - with this season is pretty small.
The card is worth 2/3X from the other players really..any one of them drive the value..
Sell when you want for what you want..
In the end you have to be happy with looking at it or selling it..
Too many people unload these cards because they have to, not because they want to..Nice if you can make the choice for yourself and not for someone else..
Good luck..

There isn't much that is going to effect the value of this card. There could be a few things that could spike the interest in it, but ultimately the DiMaggio and Mantle pieces are what carry the most value for that card. One thing to keep in mind though, with all the recent details about "game used" items that card companies have been using and how some of them are now being shown to be fake, there is potential for the value to drop if any news comes out about Upper Deck getting vintage game used items that weren't legit. I am not saying that is the case, or that it will ever happen, but if it did then the value could definitely take a hit.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would wait till august or September to put it up for sale. The closer jeter gets to retirement, the more people will jump on his cards.

Bv wise? I would guess it would be worth 250.00-350.00 and I could see you getting 300.00 at least. Good luck and lmk the out come
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]