`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New Week Old Series - 2012 Strata Clear Cut Green Auto Set

New Week Old Series - 2012 Strata Clear Cut Green Auto Set
I don't think I've shared this set on the boards. I was excited about Strata when it was released, then burnt out quickly. I did not buy a single one in 2013. I picked up a couple from 2012 recently and looked at the set again. At the time I thought that if you were going to go with a set of 'event worn' patch auto cards, you might as well go big.

Note to Topps if you're trolling the message boards:

You could really increase interest in the set if there were game worn patches. Eliminate some of the lame base cards in the set, Add a set of Hall of Fame clear cut autos and some veteran player Clear cuts (maybe a Pro Bowl player set). That would probably getting back on board.

Back to the show. I had a few graded then stopped. The slabs are thick like many bricks and takes up a lot of space. They scan terribly as well.

I've decided to finish the set now that a few redemptions have come in. All of the Green cards are numbered to 55.

[Image: 12AJJenkinsStrataCC051055.jpg] [Image: 12AlshonJefferyStrataCC044055.jpg]

[Image: 12AndrewLuckStrataCC040055.jpg] [Image: 12BernardPierceStrataCCGreen.jpg]

[Image: 12BrandonWeedenStrataCC031055.jpg] [Image: 12BrianQuickStrata002055.jpg]

[Image: 12BrockOsweilerStrata031055.jpg] [Image: 12CobyFleenerStrataCC044055.jpg]

[Image: 12DougMartinStrataCC045055.jpg] [Image: 12GregChildsStrataCC007055.jpg]
[Image: 12IsaiahPeadStrataCC023055.jpg] [Image: 12JariusWrightStrataCC014055.jpg]

[Image: 12JutinBlackmonStrataCC039055.jpg] [Image: 12KendallWrightStrataGreen.jpg]

[Image: 12MichaelEgnewStrataCC024055.jpg] [Image: 12MichaelFloydStrataCC013055.jpg]

[Image: 12MohamedSanuStrataCC035055.jpg] [Image: 12NickFolesStrataCC011055.jpg]

I put these 2 together because I only realized this morning that I had 2 and I just noticed that the photos were different. I don't know how often that happened.

[Image: 12RobertTurbinStrataCC037055.jpg] [Image: 12RobertTurbinStrataCC054055.jpg]
I don't have the Floyd anymore. I saw one on line that had already been graded a BGS 9.5. I bought that one and sold mine.

[Image: 12RobertGriffinIIIStrataCC001055.jpg] [Image: 12RonnieHillmanStrataCC034066.jpg]

[Image: 12RuebenRandleStrata035055.jpg] [Image: 12RussellWilsonStrataCC005055.jpg]

[Image: 12RyanBroylesStrataCC030055.jpg] [Image: 12StephenHillStrataCC050055.jpg]

[Image: 12TJGrahamStrataCC041055.jpg] [Image: 12TRichardsonStrataRedemption.jpg]

More to follow as they come in.

RE: New Week Old Series - 2012 Strata Clear Cut Green Auto Set
Awesome stuff , first and foremost!....

The one thing I hate about event worn stuff is the fact that they dont even try to hide the fact that they are not jersey's of the person on the card!....

Perfect example.... your Osweiler has the #3 .... Os is #6 ...... 3 is half of 6 so I guess that is ok then Smile

I know event worn is event worn .... but is it really that hard for a multi million dollar card company to "Obtain" an on field Jersey with an actual nameplate and actual number of the player on it?.... maybe take about 1 hour max per jersey to stitch em on?

I know when I see something like that .... I wont even think about bidding on it, I passed on several Tannehills at good prices because of that.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Great collection, Mel! Agree on your assessment of the 'game-used' mem--those would really be fantastic, especially HOFers and other vets. Though I did see that Topps has Pro Bowl game-used stuff in the Museum Collection.

And yes, for a lot of those 2012 guys, there are two different photos. I have a few of the Nick Toon ones and there are definitely two different pics. Some are numbered CCAR-NT, others CCAR-NTO. Eesh.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(02-17-2014, 02:27 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Awesome stuff , first and foremost!....

The one thing I hate about event worn stuff is the fact that they dont even try to hide the fact that they are not jersey's of the person on the card!....

Perfect example.... your Osweiler has the #3 .... Os is #6 ...... 3 is half of 6 so I guess that is ok then Smile

I know event worn is event worn .... but is it really that hard for a multi million dollar card company to "Obtain" an on field Jersey with an actual nameplate and actual number of the player on it?.... maybe take about 1 hour max per jersey to stitch em on?

I know when I see something like that .... I wont even think about bidding on it, I passed on several Tannehills at good prices because of that.
That was actually the reason I shelved this last year. I got the Osweiler and there was a lot of discussion on the boards about double "0" jerseys being worn on players as well. More surface area for sigs, I guess.

I decided I wouldn't pay a premium on any. However, right or wrong number, it's still not game worn. As long as it's the right team, I won't sweat it too much. It's all part of the set.

(02-17-2014, 02:30 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Great collection, Mel! Agree on your assessment of the 'game-used' mem--those would really be fantastic, especially HOFers and other vets. Though I did see that Topps has Pro Bowl game-used stuff in the Museum Collection.

And yes, for a lot of those 2012 guys, there are two different photos. I have a few of the Nick Toon ones and there are definitely two different pics. Some are numbered CCAR-NT, others CCAR-NTO. Eesh.
Makes me wonder if there are 55 total per player or 55 of each card. That's not cool.

Makes me wonder if there are 55 total per player or 55 of each card. That's not cool.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm sure it's 55 of each card. On the plus side, the OPG only lists Devier Posey, Ryan Broyles, Turbin, Toon and TJ Graham as having two variations. On the minus side, the OPG has never been entirely accurate...
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

I have a really sweet Gavin Escobar if you need it.

(02-17-2014, 04:52 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote:
Oh, I'm sure it's 55 of each card. On the plus side, the OPG only lists Devier Posey, Ryan Broyles, Turbin, Toon and TJ Graham as having two variations. On the minus side, the OPG has never been entirely accurate...
[/quote]
I think I'll just settle on one card per player. Trying to finish a few things in prep for the 2014 season. I'm leaning towards just picking up singles this year.

My evolution......player collector to set builder to singles. The overproduction is killing my enthusiasm
(02-17-2014, 04:56 PM)1bensonfan Wrote: I have a really sweet Gavin Escobar if you need it.
Thank you for your offer. I passed on 2013, though. I'm only finishing this set because I had so many already and I had all the big names.

I love the Strata, probably my favorite product from last year.

I need to find you another Hillman so I can have mine. Tongue I know what serial number that one has! LOL
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

As always great stuff!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Very nice looking set, I did the blue version (/75) of this set. I think some other people had mentioned it before but there are indeed a few players do have photo variations like the Turbin that you already have. They are Nick Toon, Devier Posey, Robert Turbin, Ryan Broyles, and T.J. Graham. Good luck and happy hunting on the rest of the set, I can't wait to see it all finished. One of these days I'll post mine for everyone to see.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)