`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
andyofandyland, take 3 (ugh)

andyofandyland, take 3 (ugh)
believe it or not, my 2nd ("andyofandyland_yep_me") account got wrongly auto-suspended as well. this time, i got an email with an explanation: "Suspended due to high login count on 6th Feb 2014" grr. oh well, here i am again and i'll auto-load my org into this account as well, which luckily takes under an hour to run for 13,000 cards for me, and no manual work. unfortunately, i anticipate this account suspension / new account / org re-loading routine potentially recurring until someone at beckett finally responds/intervenes and tells me how to reliably avoid these suspensions in the future...

so, i'm just posting here to "announce" that this account is really me again, and to make sure that you can contact me easily now and going forward. i'm individually reaching out to everyone relevant with open trades and whatnot, so that that's all taken care of - no worries there. also wanted to remind that you should, as always, please refer to the bottom of the legalese page on my web site to confirm whether any given account is me: http://andyland.com/v20/andyland/about.php (if some account claiming to be me in the future is not really me, they won't be able to update that page on my web site to indicate such, so that's how you can tell now and in the future.)

all position players report to spring training by tomorrow - wohoo!

RE: andyofandyland, take 3 (ugh); and, a beckett security hole you may want to know about
Did you message me about our trade?
Oh and thanks for the info.....this makes me feel real safe...
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

RE: andyofandyland, take 3 (ugh); and, a beckett security hole you may want to know about
exposfan09 - our trade is all set, thanks! i sent mine and you had the tracking number and all before it was suspended on feb 10th. i was gonna message you regarding that i can't give feedback on the trade bc of the account suspension, but i see that you've seen this and know how to get a hold of me and all. pls give the old account appropriate trade feedback when you get the cards as usual, but you can get a hold of me on this account or my e-mail, etc., if you need to. and, as all traders, you know where i live, so to speak. Wink thx again for the trade!

(02-12-2014, 09:20 PM)exposfan09 Wrote: Did you message me about our trade?
Oh and thanks for the info.....this makes me feel real safe...

hehe, cool - a mod apparently stripped out the other part of my message already within minutes of posting. at least i know some human has seen it. maybe it'll lead to some kind of response...

(02-12-2014, 09:40 PM)andyofandyland_iii Wrote: exposfan09 - our trade is all set, thanks! i sent mine and you had the tracking number and all before it was suspended on feb 10th. i was gonna message you regarding that i can't give feedback on the trade bc of the account suspension, but i see that you've seen this and know how to get a hold of me and all. pls give the old account appropriate trade feedback when you get the cards as usual, but you can get a hold of me on this account or my e-mail, etc., if you need to. and, as all traders, you know where i live, so to speak. Wink thx again for the trade!

hehe, cool - a mod apparently stripped out the other part of my message already within minutes of posting. at least i know some human has seen it. maybe it'll lead to some kind of response...
No problem! FYI, love your site man. Just awesome...
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

RE: andyofandyland, take 3 (ugh)
thx, appreciate it!

btw, for others, lest be suspicious, the first round of my suspension fun was at: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1551788.html
floydtown - thx for the andyofandyland_yep_me forums/mybb account "fix." Wink can you pls also try to send the general "bug report" that enabled it, up to appropriate beckett ppls? thx!

Just a heads up... A month or so back customer service finally gave me a number to call. I left a few messages, a lady gave me a call back and reinstated my account within a few hours. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to retrieve your old feedback ratings
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Thats the only way to get it corrected like Petillo64 did-this account block comes from higher up. Its not a normal ban or suspension we mods can hand out.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

thanks, yeah i realize Wink (see the bug report that you stripped out, for more nuances of the two notions of accounts and of suspensions and so on). i'm hoping that if you bump the bug report up to beckett ppl for me, that maybe someone who sees and works on that, may in turn be inspired to get someone to respond to or deal with my suspensions in general.

if not, i think they'll finally work on it after like 10 months and i've got like 10 accounts and 10 copies of my org, and they realize it's hurting them and everyone more directly for example due to all the polluted want/have data that accumulates due to them not clearing out the org of accounts they suspend.

Hey Andy, do you want to rebuild the trade we had back up again? I knew we were REALLY close to pulling off a big $600+ trade.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

Odyssey - yeah, definitely. just give me a day or two to catch up with everyone. i'll be in touch shortly. i have a long list of e-mail notifications (of trade messages and trade proposal updates) that i got after the account was suspended.

also, someone important at beckett finally reached out to me about my account, so there's a chance i may be able to get back into one or both of the old accounts as well.

best,
andy