`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Did the Pens waste thier money on Letang?

Did the Pens waste thier money on Letang?
8 years, $58 million, and in less than a year he has now had a stroke, and a hole in his heart.

The Pens say that they don't believe in will affect his career, however the NHL just may have something to say about that since he will now be on blood thinners the rest of his life.

Blood thinners keep your blood from clotting, and causing more strokes, however, they also cause a wound to bleed excessively, so what is he going to do now?
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

RE: Did the Pens waste thier money on Letang?
Just because you have a stroke....doesn't mean you'll be on blood 'thinners' all your life.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Maybe show a little respect.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

I agree, the man had a stroke IMO this is not an appropriate topic.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Kirk Douglas had a stroke and continued to act after his recovery, so why can't Letang play? Many players have had eye injuries that were deemed career ending yet continued to play....While this topic is pretty cold, let's give the PLAYER the benefit of the doubt. If Letang feels he can't contribute to the Team's success, I'm sure he'll retire, but to suggest the Pens screwed up by signing him is pretty low...he's had what, like 6 or 7 good years with no issues, but the team is at fault? I think a head shake might be in order...
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

The Penguins had every right to believe Letang would command a premium, and they paid it based upon what he could produce for them in the future. He's having a blah year, and went down with a stroke due to something COMPLETELY out of his control.

So no, they didn't waste their money. The Pens are dealing with players out injured just like every other team.

Hindisght isn't a popular decision making tool in hockey.

Waste their money? It's not like they knew he was going to have a stroke. Before all this had happened did you think they wasted their money?
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

This is not a great topic. It is not like the guy had a stroke due to poor diet....____ happens. I hope he gets better soon rather he come back this season, next season or ends up retiring from the sport ....Having a life After hockey Is more important Than The game

Here's hoping Letang has a full recovery.

And as for the penguins... That is the least of my concerns.