IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts, Musings, & Upcoming Info re: The Toronto Card Show
Smile 
Thoughts, Musings, & Upcoming Info re: The Toronto Card Show
Hey Everyone,

I felt like sharing with you thoughts since our relaunch and a glimpse into what's coming up.

After a hiatus due to construction of a second arena at Leaside Gardens (plus critical life changing career developments over the past year in my personal life), we relaunched The Toronto Card Show last year and came back with a bang! Since 2006, we grew year over year and have done so again and significantly right off the bat. It's great that we share the same main entrance with the arena now and I love that I'm literally seeing kids becoming new collectors right before my eyes. This IS happening!

After a killer kick off in December, the momentum continued in January. We also had our first autograph session of the year and it went OK, not amazing, but was fun and gratifying just the same and we'll do more. Seems the card collectors have returned which makes sense since everyone has been practically begging for the show to return for the past year! We'll have to work on the autograph hounds, I guess. Wink

We've got lots planned between now and the Expo in May....
Sunday, February 16 - our next show picks up from where we left off with the highest quality vendors from across Ontario plus some new vendors that I'm excited about. We have a plethora of prizes and giveaways and some new fun things planned.

Sat-Sun March 15-16 Double Header! - we did double headers with great success in the past and offered collectors a different variety of vendors each day. We always sell out so if you want to setup at a card show for the first time, this is your chance! Just PM me. KSA Grading will be on-site on Saturday, March 15 and in addition to their show special you'll have a chance to win a cool prize package with each submission. Red Kelly will be signing autographs on Sunday, March 16.

Sunday, April 13 - Our Anniversary Show!
Yes, it's hard to believe that it was back in April 2006 that we revolutionized the card show scene in Toronto and the tradition continues throughout 2014 and beyond. One of our favourites, Johnny Bower, will help us celebrate and, of course, there will be more news to come.

I've got to thank you for your support over the years. This is a labour of love and I'm on the verge of doing some things that I've planned a long time ago so there are some fun things to come. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading this long post. I don't get to spend as much time on the various boards as I used to and this gives me an opportunity to share a bit from my place in the hobby. I'll see a lot of you at the Expo again and by then I hope to have more news to share with you.

Happy Collecting!
Frank

RE: Thoughts, Musings, & Upcoming Info re: The Toronto Card Show
great to see you are back Frank!

and if I have the funds, I will be doing a Bower for sure... one of the bests in my mind
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: Thoughts, Musings, & Upcoming Info re: The Toronto Card Show
And one of our favourites! Such a wonderful guy!