`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Hockey 1 blaster of UD S1 and 3 packs Artifacts

New to Hockey 1 blaster of UD S1 and 3 packs Artifacts
I'll try and get scans up later if any of these sound like good hits, frankly I dont know just felt like trying hockey since I normally do baseball

Shining Stars Niklas Kronwall (i THINK its the rainbow version bright gold border and a blue starburt background)

MVP - Johnathan quick
Young Guns - Etem , Brodin
Canvas - Turris

I grabbed 3 random packs of artifacts mostly because I remember that line from baseball. Got some noteable guys

Modano, Lindros, mike ribeiro mario lemiux, doug gilmour, harold snepsts,bob nystrom

Do ok for my first time dipping my toes into the hockey water??
I rolled the dice and bought the stars in a case break of totally certified.

RE: New to Hockey 1 blaster of UD S1 and 3 packs Artifacts
Nothing much of any value. Even the Kronwall won't book for all that much unfortunately. That's pretty typical of retail. Short of hitting any of the big name Young Guns, you generally don't find great stuff in retail anymore. It happens, but it's rare.

Just simple fun lets us know about that case break
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

The cards look nice at least, and I got some dallas stars unfortunately no nichushkin

I guess retail isn't as good for hockey as it has been this past year for baseball and football?
Baseball has been amazing for retail the past year

Retail is never good for Hockey. I don't know why, but they tend to put the higher quality players into the retail blasters at a lower rate. Then again, I have had some horrid luck with the Hobby boxes too. Haha! It is just the name of the game and all in good fun. Best wishes!

Randi

(02-16-2014, 09:49 PM)rayeates Wrote: Retail is never good for Hockey. I don't know why, but they tend to put the higher quality players into the retail blasters at a lower rate. Then again, I have had some horrid luck with the Hobby boxes too. Haha! It is just the name of the game and all in good fun. Best wishes!

Randi
But all of my best hockey pulls came from retail hehehe
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I have been very lucky to hit some nice cards in retail, obviously hobby is going to be better but it is also going to cost you a lot more.

The Kronwall is a good hit even if it is the regular version as the defense Shining Stars are only available in those blaster boxes. I don't think they are selling as well as they were and the BV doesn't reflect that they are more rare than the other 4 positions.

Good luck with the Stars in the case of TC, they usually do very well in Panini stuff. I find they load their home team. Smile
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(02-17-2014, 06:37 PM)snobles Wrote: I have been very lucky to hit some nice cards in retail, obviously hobby is going to be better but it is also going to cost you a lot more.

The Kronwall is a good hit even if it is the regular version as the defense Shining Stars are only available in those blaster boxes. I don't think they are selling as well as they were and the BV doesn't reflect that they are more rare than the other 4 positions.

Good luck with the Stars in the case of TC, they usually do very well in Panini stuff. I find they load their home team. Smile
Yeah I was checking odds and the defenseman were like 1 in 500ish blasters for the rainbow version...since I'm weak I bought the last prizm rack pack at Walmart today and based on comc sales I did ok

I was in a 2012 dominance break last week and the stars was kinda meh, no benn or modano hit. But certainly some cool patches

Maybe I should order a box of ud s1 while it's on sale and hope for some good rookies

UD1 for me personally has been great in both hobby and retail. If I wasn't so close to finishing my set I'd buy a box at the cheapr price. But I still buy rackpacks all day long.

only UD or score for retail i think is best bang for a buck
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)