`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
clarkzac's Collection, pick ups, and TTM/IP Successes

RE: clarkzac's Collection, pick ups, and TTM/IP Successes
This is a really sweet collection man! my memorabilia portion of my collection was just recently started, I hope I continue to climb to where your at!

I especially think the game used hat is a unique piece- I'd love to get my hands on some stuff like that of my Braves!

Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be checking back in on this thread!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(02-04-2014, 10:17 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: This is a really sweet collection man! my memorabilia portion of my collection was just recently started, I hope I continue to climb to where your at!

I especially think the game used hat is a unique piece- I'd love to get my hands on some stuff like that of my Braves!

Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be checking back in on this thread!
Thanks for the kind words! Like I said, 90% of the stuff was added within the last year. I only had 3 signed baseballs year ago and none of the 8x10s, which I realized that I have forgotten a few pieces.

Justin Morneau 8x10- Have 2 exactly like this, was 3
[Image: MorneauJustinCoatdrive8x10_zps8e7f8084.jpg]

Michael Cuddyer-
[Image: CuddyerMichael8x10_zpsd2bc9bf0.jpg]

Justin Morneau-
[Image: MorneauJustin8x10_zps8e0685c8.jpg]

Joe Mauer-
[Image: MauerJoe8x10_zpsf85ea082.jpg]

I also have a couple of MLB debut ticket stubs signed-
For some reason, this one lost a lot of the sharpness when it was scanned and cropped. Its the MLB debut ticket stub for Joe Benson, Chris Parmelee, and Liam Hendriks signed by all three of them. Then I also have a Scott Diamond signed debut ticket stub, along with an unsigned one since I was actually at the game

[Image: ParmeleeBensonHendriksDebutstub_zps1f585666.jpg][Image: scan0114_zps73c56eac.jpg]
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Those 8x10's are also very cool! once I complete my card collection pieces, and get a good jump on the baseballs, I may consider including some of those as well- probably amazing display pieces!

(02-05-2014, 01:33 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: Those 8x10's are also very cool! once I complete my card collection pieces, and get a good jump on the baseballs, I may consider including some of those as well- probably amazing display pieces!
The 8x10s look great hanging on the wall. I have run in to the problem of not having anywhere to hang all of them since I'm currently in college. I have all of my collection, as far as my personal collection items back at home in the one little bedroom I get at the apartment. I have yet to find a place to hang my game used jersey. I should probably also mention that I have a stadium banner from Target Field, but I have no pictures of it. It is one of the banners that would be on the light poles around the stadium, and then there is also a Denard Span 16x20 that I don't have a picture of right now

(02-05-2014, 01:55 PM)clarkzac Wrote: The 8x10s look great hanging on the wall. I have run in to the problem of not having anywhere to hang all of them since I'm currently in college. I have all of my collection, as far as my personal collection items back at home in the one little bedroom I get at the apartment. I have yet to find a place to hang my game used jersey. I should probably also mention that I have a stadium banner from Target Field, but I have no pictures of it. It is one of the banners that would be on the light poles around the stadium, and then there is also a Denard Span 16x20 that I don't have a picture of right now
That's really sick man- a large part of my spending is taken up in my Kendall Marshall Supercollection- but I've been back in buying more baseball lately, in baseballs and cards- since baseball collecting is my true love other than Kendall/former Tarheels ha

Well I had a few successes this weekend when I got home. I had a decent success for my 2008 Ginter set. Sent out to Dave Roberts back in June, and it was one that I wasn't sure if I was getting back.

[Image: RobertsDave_zps2a087908.jpg]

Next was Dustin Ackley who signed in a dying, black marker. I had written this one off after seeing some successes last February/March
[Image: AckleyDustin_zps72ac58f8.jpg]

I also had a return from Mr. Bobby Doerr. I did not have him on a Ginter, and I had to have him on a Ginter card so I sent one out. I did include a donation since he has signed a couple of times for me
[Image: DoerrBobby1_zps145e2420.jpg]

Then today I saw one of my 8x10 SASE waiting for me. I have a few pending, but I knew immediately who it was, and I didn't do anything different to the envelope to mark it either.
[Image: JackNicklaus8x10_zpsc60a8238.jpg]

I also had made a couple of trades for some TTM/IP autos that I needed (wanted is the proper word)
[Image: HudsonOrlando_zps71dc7442.jpg][Image: PuntoNick_zps16f7389f.jpg][Image: KoskieCorey_zps6c209efd.jpg][Image: GibsonKyle_zpsf2555cfd.jpg]
[Image: PerryJim_zpseb73028d.jpg]

I also traded for this Caleb Thielbar signed MLB debut ticket stub. Being from South Dakota originally, it was pretty cool to see a former South Dakota State University player pitching for the Twins
[Image: CalebThielbarDebutTicketStub_zps07dd183d.jpg]

Nice stuff!

Got back to my dorm to find that I had a couple of Denard Span cards waiting for me. Working on getting all of the Denard Span Allen and Ginter cards signed in my collection. He only has cards in the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013 set. This puts me 2/4 now. Plan on getting the other 2 sometime this season

[Image: SpanDenard3_zps09941965.jpg][Image: SpanDenard4_zpscd3280b2.jpg]

Had these show up here at school in the last couple of days.
[Image: DeanJohnAuto_zps2e8e545b.jpg][Image: BoggsWadeRC_zpscc6de432.jpg]

And here is an overhead shot of Metropolitan Stadium, the first home of the Minnesota Twins.
[Image: 2014-01-28_11-44-31_819_zps71c074a5.jpg]
Just kidding of course. That is a mini stadium replica that was given away at the stadium a few years ago. I also have the mini Target Field replica that was given away in 2010. Now to find a mini Metrodome that was given away by the Twins as well!

Well I got this past week's mail today. I'm hoping that my second request to Kershaw either came today or will show up within the next week since I sent him a 2008 Ginter towards the end of the season after I decided to work on the set.

Kershaw- 1/1 in 364 days
Jeff Francoeur- 2/2 in 15 days
Brendan Harris- 1/1 in 301 days

[Image: HarrisBrendan_zps1304219c.jpg][Image: FrancouerJeff_zps81b9f845.jpg][Image: FrancouerJeff_zps5fdcb5ae.jpg][Image: KershawClayton_zps71ced149.jpg]

Made a trade for the following as well. I'm now at 64 total 2008 Allen and Ginter cards signed
[Image: HolmSteve_zps371ff973.jpg][Image: CoghlanChris_zps7af87651.jpg][Image: MartisShairon_zpsb6a4ac08.jpg][Image: CrockettIvory_zps0f9aac75.jpg]