`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Post Office Rant

RE: Post Office Rant
Thanks, I sent Jacob a PM, I was poking at him. When you have all Caps, you are yelling in computer language.
(02-04-2014, 07:41 PM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: IN MY HONEST OPINION.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

(02-04-2014, 05:38 PM)zubaltec Wrote: In trades this is acceptable, and when shipping is free on Ebay. I can't stand when I pay $2.50 or more and a card shows up in a used bubble mailer. I feel cheated. Remember when you sell on Ebay you need to act like a business, and act professional. When I charge $2.50 to ship I want the buyer to feel like they got what they paid for, so I won't ship out in a used bubble mailer.

John
It costs close to $3.50 now with the increase in rates, just to ship with Tracking in a bubble mailer. That is just the post office cost. If someone is only charging you $2.50 and it comes in a bubble mailer with Tracking, then you probably shouldn't complain if the bubble mailer is brand new or not, because you still got off cheap on shipping.
Slowly starting to get back into it....

(02-05-2014, 02:05 PM)qbcollectorlionsfan Wrote: It costs close to $3.50 now with the increase in rates, just to ship with Tracking in a bubble mailer. That is just the post office cost. If someone is only charging you $2.50 and it comes in a bubble mailer with Tracking, then you probably shouldn't complain if the bubble mailer is brand new or not, because you still got off cheap on shipping.
I'm a seller on Ebay too, and you get better rates then straight from the PO. It doesn't cost me $3.50, or that's what I would charge. I buy #000 bubble mailer 250 at a time off of Amazon. They cost $22.20 shipped. That's $0.08 a piece. It's worth it to me pay the extra $0.08 for the buyer not to complain about receiving a used package.
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

I sell once and a blue moon on Ebay and do trades mainly on the boards. I have never had anyone complain about used mailers. I did some trades, total of 12 between 2 trade sites. 4 were PWE and the rest were Bubble mailers, it cost me almost $25 to mail everything, which include tracking on the Bubble Mailers. The bubble Mailers were less than 6 oz a piece. Ateast $2.29 ea, then $0.90 each for tracking. If I had to add Insurance, that would be $2.03 for $50 worth of Insurance. If I did a lot of selling and trading on weekly bases, then it would be worth checking my options on mailing. To do PWE trades, it is now $0.70 . That is for them not to run an envelope in a machine. I would have to buy the Scale, shipping Labels and ink Stamps, in order to do everything from home and have them pick up the mail. To me, that sounds like it would add up quick. Do they charge a monthly fee to do Paypal Postage?
(02-05-2014, 02:25 PM)zubaltec Wrote: I'm a seller on Ebay too, and you get better rates then straight from the PO. It doesn't cost me $3.50 or that what I would charge. I buy #000 bubble mailer 250 at a time off of Amazon. They cost $22.20 shipped. That's $0.08 a piece. It's worth it to me pay the extra $0.08 for the buyer not to complain about receiving a used package.

No fee to use paypal shipping. A scale is $10-$20 and would pay for itself in about 10 ships with the money you would save. 3-4 cards, a single GU wont even require a scale as it fits the 3oz limit before the next increase. Paypal shipping uses regular paper so no special supplies are needed. Ink last awhile and paper is relatively cheap. Pack, Print, drop in your mailbox and let the carrier pick them up and the gas you save will pay for ink and paper. If you're paying more than $1.93 to track and ship a 3oz package you're just wasting your money.
As a matter of fact you dont even need a scale cuz you could up the ounces and overpay the cost and STILL be cheaper than what you're paying now.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

That definitely gives me something to really think about.Because I like my money more than you guys. LOL, thanks for the good tip.
(02-05-2014, 02:51 PM)branesergen Wrote: No fee to use paypal shipping. A scale is $10-$20 and would pay for itself in about 10 ships with the money you would save. 3-4 cards, a single GU wont even require a scale as it fits the 3oz limit before the next increase. Paypal shipping uses regular paper so no special supplies are needed. Ink last awhile and paper is relatively cheap. Pack, Print, drop in your mailbox and let the carrier pick them up and the gas you save will pay for ink and paper. If you're paying more than $1.93 to track and ship a 3oz package you're just wasting your money.
As a matter of fact you dont even need a scale cuz you could up the ounces and overpay the cost and STILL be cheaper than what you're paying now.

(02-05-2014, 02:43 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: Do they charge a monthly fee to do Paypal Postage?
No they don't.

I'm just making a suggestion about the bubble mailer, so when somebody makes a post that they got negative feedback on Ebay, because the buyer paid $2.50 + for shipping and the card showed up in used mailer. The buyer could avoid it for a few extra cents to use a new package.

Free shipping and trades are a different story.
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

(02-05-2014, 02:59 PM)zubaltec Wrote: No they don't.

I'm just making a suggestion about the bubble mailer, so when somebody makes a post that they got negative feedback on Ebay, because the buyer paid $2.50 + for shipping and the card showed up in used mailer. The buyer could avoid it for a few extra cents to use a new package.

You do realize $2.50 these days on ebay barely covers the price of just shipping the package even through paypal. Unless you buy bulk supplies you won't even break even at $2.50 anymore. Ebay (10%) and paypal (2.5% I think??)take their 12.5% or whatever total it is. You basically have 25 cents to get a bubble mailer, top loaders, tape, printer ink, and anything else you might need just to break even.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

I haven't had a problem with that, When I am able to do a lot more than what I am able to do now. I might go back to new Bubble Mailers. I use used ones, because it does save me money, since I don't hardly sell cards. Normally when I sell, and I have cards laying around that I just don't want, I throw them in on the sales I make, have had nothing but good happen for me on Ebay. I just see something I like, I try to collect. If someone buys thing from me, I try to do extra. I keep my collection in check and able to clear stuff out.
(02-05-2014, 02:59 PM)zubaltec Wrote: No they don't.

You are correct, you can't even get a bubble mailer at Walmart to $0.25. I would have to go to Sam's, ang get a box of them, can't remember the price.But, by the time you add everything up, it does cost more than $2.50 . People do jack the shipping up, trying to recoup some of the money that Ebay and Paypal takes.But people cut each others throat to make money to.
(02-05-2014, 03:05 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: You do realize $2.50 these days on ebay barely covers the price of just shipping the package even through paypal. Unless you buy bulk supplies you won't even break even at $2.50 anymore. Ebay (10%) and paypal (2.5% I think??)take their 12.5% or whatever total it is. You basically have 25 cents to get a bubble mailer, top loaders, tape, printer ink, and anything else you might need just to break even.

I pay 20 cents a piece for the bubble mailers I use. I buy them 100 or 200 at a time. Paypal shipping really is the way to go. It's not just the lower price. Being able to just leave it for the mailman and not have to put up with lines at the Post Office is great