`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Elite Retail Luck

RE: 2013 Elite Retail Luck
I too am in the 3 auto/1 GU club ... Brandon Dixon/600 something, Drew Dosch/600 something and Carter Hope/25 autos, and a Kel Johnson jersey card.

I was actually most excited about pulling Jose Abreu's base card ... technically they fall about 1:8 blasters, and I pulled one on my first and only try.

I love the fact that he's holding his White Sox jersey, but they cropped it so you couldn't see the logos on the sleeves ... totally feels like his first MLB card.

Although, I did wonder ... they still list him as being with Cuba, but he had signed his contract by then, so he should have been listed as Chicago. Oh well.

I also hit a Riley Unroe parallel/10 and a Jesus somebody/25 for the Marlins.

I was pretty happy with the results, to say the least.

I wish more products would offer this much bang for the buck ... although with Lonegevity in football and what not, it looks like Panini is trying to beef up retail.

(02-04-2014, 05:32 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: hey doc you want some ink on that green judge?
Yes, Please! Thank you!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-04-2014, 09:37 AM)rentzington Wrote: The lack of mlb license on prospect driven products doesn't matter too much to me
The pictures don't look as weird as an mlb guy with no logo but it's really a pain to tell if it's mets/ Yankees or cubs/sox etc
Very confusing! Last year, or the year before that, didn't they say American NY Ballclub and National NY Ballclub? Are they NOT allowed to use the words National and American? That would be really ridiculous if they couldn't!
(02-04-2014, 06:16 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I've picked up 5 now ... 15 autos and 5 GU. To go with 3 SPs, 10 die cuts and a couple nice inserts. Comparing value to what I've pulled from Series 1 and I think I know where my cash will keep going. Of course, the good doctor's luck means he's pulled much lower serial numbers than I have Smile
I've been very lucky with EEE. But it's kinda funny ... Those 2 great hits that I got, they came with 2 redemptions each. Counterbalance the very good with the bad? Smile
I picked up a total of 5 blasters, too. Now I just have to wait for 4 redemptions, but I've heard Panini isn't as bad as Topps.
Hey Jared, if you have anything in duplicates you wish to trade, I've got Mike O'Neill /200 (non-auto, non-Yankee) and Keaton McKinney USA GU jersey.
[Image: null_zpsd1b6e15f.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'll take a look. Definitely interested in the GU. Might as well complete the set at this point. Lol
Kepler

I had to go to the next town over to get 3 more Elite blasters. This makes 10 total and keep telling myself this is it...but I don't know. All 10 blasters have had 3 autographs, one today actually had 4. This was the best card and made me happy I went.
[Image: ScannedImage-66.jpg]

(02-11-2014, 06:39 PM)wickercat Wrote: I had to go to the next town over to get 3 more Elite blasters. This makes 10 total and keep telling myself this is it...but I don't know. All 10 blasters have had 3 autographs, one today actually had 4. This was the best card and made me happy I went.
[Image: ScannedImage-66.jpg]
Nice! I still haven't bought one that had 3 but I had a nice low number die cut in the last one

Congrats, those are great pulls, I will never include a product that is photoshopped to take away logos, there's a lack of authenticity that I can't get past, but I would love that auto take rate so I could take advantage of the trade value. Send some of that magic this way!!!
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

All I can say is you must have a dark cloud following you. You are the only person not getting at least 3. Blasters are like getting a hobby hotbox every time.
(02-11-2014, 07:49 PM)fgarvis Wrote: Congrats, those are great pulls, I will never include a product that is photoshopped to take away logos, there's a lack of authenticity that I can't get past, but I would love that auto take rate so I could take advantage of the trade value. Send some of that magic this way!!!
I couldn't care less about the photoshopping. You wouldn't admire a card of a prospect you have never heard of. In five years when they hit it in the majors everyone will want their first autograph - which happens to be photoshopped. The fun is cheering for prospects, yesterday I did not know of Trey Michalczewski, now I am his biggest fan.

(02-11-2014, 08:35 PM)wickercat Wrote: The fun is cheering for prospects, yesterday I did not know of Trey Michalczewski, now I am his biggest fan.
Sure, but can you pronounce his last name Smile and if he does make it to the Bigs, how many people will get seriously injured during his bleacher 'chant'. Smile

BTW: Awesome hit!
(02-11-2014, 07:49 PM)fgarvis Wrote: Congrats, those are great pulls, I will never include a product that is photoshopped to take away logos, there's a lack of authenticity that I can't get past, but I would love that auto take rate so I could take advantage of the trade value. Send some of that magic this way!!!
Again, the whole photoshopping thing doesn't bother me.
1) the way players get traded early on, it doesn't matter which team they end up on. Rockies look like Yankee uniforms, Baltimore looks like White Sox uniforms, Cards, Reds, Red Sox ... Doesn't matter Smile
2) I support Panini because they're producing a nice product and competing with Topps even though they're hampered by the lack of logo. Gotta root for the underdog, and the competition keeps Topps on their toes. Besides, rookie prospecting in Panini is more gratifying than Bowman. In 5 Bowman Blasters, I got garbage, nada, nothing. In 3 EEE I got 9 autos, 3 Jersey, and a SP variant. Even with 2/blaster ... That's still better odds!

I just bought my 7th, 8th, and 9th boxes. Here's the best of those. It was a Yankee-fest!
[Image: null_zps3ec008a8.jpg]