`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Newest Set Chase, Immaculate Standard Collection (Updated 04/22/15) Set Complete!!!

RE: Newest Set Chase, Immaculate Standard Collection (Updated 04/22/15) Set Complete!!!
(04-22-2015, 07:05 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Thanks man! I had a post on another forum and continuously kept asking, and finally a member messaged me with it, and gave me a great deal. I expected to be taken to the cleaners on it as I didn't make it a secret of how much I wanted it. The guy was really cool though, and gave me a way more than fair deal on it.
Nice!!! I've ran into a few of those type of people in my hunt for Henderson's. Some are still out there with the understanding this can be a fun hobby yet Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

RE: Newest Set Chase, Immaculate Standard Collection (Updated 04/22/15) Set Complete!!!
Awesome Tim. That's great that it worked out! I know the thread you are speaking of. I have a few set chases that I need to organize in my Bucket and post there. Maybe I'll have similar luck. Congrats!
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Thanks man! What was really cool about it, the guy had taken notice of my set chase early on, and waited until I was at 99/100 to tell me he had it lol. Apparently he decided that if it came down to being the only one I needed he would help me out. Just goes to show that all those thread bumps that seemed meaningless, were actually worth it in the end.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(04-23-2015, 11:08 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Thanks man! What was really cool about it, the guy had taken notice of my set chase early on, and waited until I was at 99/100 to tell me he had it lol. Apparently he decided that if it came down to being the only one I needed he would help me out. Just goes to show that all those thread bumps that seemed meaningless, were actually worth it in the end.
I hear ya. I think that sometimes on my Henderson thread bumps too. But through those I've gotten a couple 1/1's via direct contact and my last big /5 auto.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(04-23-2015, 11:08 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Thanks man! What was really cool about it, the guy had taken notice of my set chase early on, and waited until I was at 99/100 to tell me he had it lol. Apparently he decided that if it came down to being the only one I needed he would help me out. Just goes to show that all those thread bumps that seemed meaningless, were actually worth it in the end.
Wow man, what a cool story. Congrats on completing the set. I think that shows how cool people can be with this hobby. It shows that there are some true collectors out there and not just out to make a profit. Sure the guy sold you the card, but he did so to help you complete a difficult set.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

very well done! awesome looking set and a pretty sweet accomplishment too!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(04-23-2015, 08:09 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Wow man, what a cool story. Congrats on completing the set. I think that shows how cool people can be with this hobby. It shows that there are some true collectors out there and not just out to make a profit. Sure the guy sold you the card, but he did so to help you complete a difficult set.

Thanks Nick! It really took me by surprise. I was completely resigned to having the set at 99/100. With the price of first year Immaculate Boxes so high now, I don't think many are getting opened, and I figured I'd probably never find one. I bumed that stupid thread what felt like 1000 times with out even a faint hint of success. I was so excited when I got a message with a picture of the Magic. Unfortunately the second year set is proving even harder to complete. I had purchased a Sam Jones /10 from somewhere in Asia and it got lost in the mail last scanned Feb 15, that is going to be next to impossible to find, plus I need the biggest card in the set, the Wilt /5. It's fun to have a chase though lol.
(04-23-2015, 09:11 PM)buckunteer Wrote: very well done! awesome looking set and a pretty sweet accomplishment too!
Thank you Buck!! I wish I had something better to do with them than storing them in a box lol.

Congratulations! Well done!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(04-24-2015, 10:06 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Congratulations! Well done!
Thanks man! Soooo glad to have it finished. I am excited to see this years set. Definitely going after it, and thankfully the lowest print runs are /10 unlike the previous two years where the Wilt was /5.