`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantle missing again.

Mantle missing again.
Its too bad that Topps decided not to print another card #7 to honor the Great Mickey Mantle. I always enjoyed having another Mickey Mantle card in my collection. I know some collectors probably think it was overkill to keep printing a card for him. But I always looked forward to finding one in a pack. Helped to bring back memories of finding him in the 1967 and 1968 packs I used to open up as a kid.
[Image: Ruth-1.jpg]

RE: Mantle missing again.
It's because they haven't reached a new aggreement with his estate. I hate there being no card at that number. I may see about making a fake card for this year and the other ones missing it.
Is this thing on?

(02-01-2014, 05:09 PM)shivelycore Wrote: It's because they haven't reached a new aggreement with his estate. I hate there being no card at that number. I may see about making a fake card for this year and the other ones missing it.
This could be a really cool idea, kind of like the Broder stuff from the 80's and 90's. Print up a whole bunch, sell them at shows so there's no trace back for license infringement. People would def shell out a buck or two especially if you get card #7 on the back Smile Get the presses running shively!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Maybe in a few years they'll do what they did back in 2006 and release all of the missing year's Mantle cards as the Mantle Collection Part 2.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

When I read the title I expected to see a horror story about how a collector had a Mantle stolen. Much to my relief, this is a much better outcome.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Sorry Nolan for giving you an anxiety attack. I probably should have worded the title differently.

(02-02-2014, 10:12 AM)corbin21 Wrote: Sorry Nolan for giving you an anxiety attack. I probably should have worded the title differently.
Oh, that's alright.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-02-2014, 11:02 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Oh, that's alright.
Just think if he had said, "Nolan missing again." what your reaction would've been...