Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Day PC

Mail Day PC
This is my first "mail day" post.
All the cards in here came as part of a trade and are becoming part of my PC.
I usually don't post about my own PC. Not only because most of the players I collect are not very well known but also because after some of the amazing cards I have seen in here It's difficult not to feel odd about it. But I'm so excited about this one...

[Image: 96l0.jpg]
I should probably tell you, in case you don't recognize them, that I collect Argentinian players.
[Image: br0d.jpg]
This cards are part of an ACB (Spanish) league set. Some of these players only have cards playing for this league. So I'm very happy to get them.
But those are not the main reason why I created this post.
Folkertino, the member I traded with, makes custom cards. If you haven't seen them before you should check this link:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1548861.html
And he sent me these. I'll just show you...
[Image: 3f8g.jpg]
I think they are amazing. Great looking pictures and both wearing the national team jersey.
So Folkertino I want to thank you once again and I hope you enjoy your cards as well.

RE: Mail Day PC
Pretty cool stuff! I actually like that cartoon card quite a bit. I think that's a great feature!

Congrats on the custom cards. I have seen Folkertino's previous post. Those look amazing. I'm impressed with the use and flow of the autograph section. Very nice stuff.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Good news they arrived, your post in the international shipping thread had me worrying a bit.

It so happened that the Canarias team, where Gutierrez and Richotti play, played against my home team around the same time when we were working out our trade so I thought I'd throw that in as a little extra. I am glad you liked them!

(01-29-2014, 09:33 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Congrats on the custom cards. I have seen Folkertino's previous post. Those look amazing. I'm impressed with the use and flow of the autograph section. Very nice stuff.
Yes, I agree. I was happy to see they used the proper place to sign. After seeing in Folkertino's post how many players sign anywhere but there. Still they could have signed over their own head and I would still like them. But this makes the cards look even better, the way they were intended.
And as long as we are talking about the autos, I also find really interesting how Juan Gutierrez signed with his regular number 4 and not the one he uses for the national team. I know some players switch depending on what they are signing. But I guess it was to be expected considering the guy tattooed it on his arm (which you can see in the picture Folkertino chose by the way).
(01-31-2014, 04:10 AM)folkertino Wrote: Good news they arrived, your post in the international shipping thread had me worrying a bit.

It so happened that the Canarias team, where Gutierrez and Richotti play, played against my home team around the same time when we were working out our trade so I thought I'd throw that in as a little extra. I am glad you liked them!
I was worried as well, considering all the current confusion regarding the postal service here and the fact that my other package is still stuck in the customs limbo. Luckily it got to my door safely.
I'm not sure I will be able to keep buying with all these new restrictions. So I was thinking I might try to get this lot signed as a way of adding to my PC during this weird times. Some of them are playing here nowadays, some others might be harder to track.

congrats on the PC additions, very nice

By the way, since you're into Argentinian players, this is a story that happened ten years ago. I was ending my internship abroad here in Valencia - I still lived in Holland then - and as a farewell gift my colleagues took me to the arena, let me pick a jersey and shorts from the shop and then introduced me to Fabricio Oberto who played for the team here. He signed my jersey with something along the lines of "To my #1 fan from Holland - Fabricio Oberto" .

Now I was into basketball but didn't know anything about Spanish basketball so I had no clue who this huge dude with the silver tooth was. When I was back in Holland I actually wore the jersey on the playgrounds and washed it occasionally so the auto washed out completely. Only a few years later I realized he was now playing in the NBA (Spurs, Wizards) and kind of regretted having used and washed the jersey. Ah well, at least I still have the photos..

[Image: 2014-02-06091200-1s.jpg]

(02-07-2014, 03:44 AM)folkertino Wrote: By the way, since you're into Argentinian players, this is a story that happened ten years ago. I was ending my internship abroad here in Valencia - I still lived in Holland then - and as a farewell gift my colleagues took me to the arena, let me pick a jersey and shorts from the shop and then introduced me to Fabricio Oberto who played for the team here. He signed my jersey with something along the lines of "To my #1 fan from Holland - Fabricio Oberto" .

Now I was into basketball but didn't know anything about Spanish basketball so I had no clue who this huge dude with the silver tooth was. When I was back in Holland I actually wore the jersey on the playgrounds and washed it occasionally so the auto washed out completely. Only a few years later I realized he was now playing in the NBA (Spurs, Wizards) and kind of regretted having used and washed the jersey. Ah well, at least I still have the photos..
This is the moment where I wish I could fire back with a story of my own of how I met... let's say Dan Gadzuric. Alas I do not.
Funny that you mention the "huge dude with the silver tooth" jersey (Pretty good way to describe him by the way). I myself am on the lookout for one of his Spurs jerseys. I want to get one for him to sign (if budget allows it).
The photos are great, what a good keepsake to have. Do you still have the jersey?

(02-08-2014, 01:09 PM)Caffrey Wrote: This is the moment where I wish I could fire back with a story of my own of how I met... let's say Dan Gadzuric. Alas I do not.
Funny that you mention the "huge dude with the silver tooth" jersey (Pretty good way to describe him by the way). I myself am on the lookout for one of his Spurs jerseys. I want to get one for him to sign (if budget allows it).
The photos are great, what a good keepsake to have. Do you still have the jersey?
I still have the jersey, but his sig is gone. This is what it looks like now, autos from the 2011-12 Valencia team including Vitor Faverani, Nik Caner-Medley, Florent Pietrus, Nando De Colo, Stefan Markovic, A.J. Ogilvy, Brad Newley, Justin Doellman and Bojan Dubljevic:

[Image: IMG_9906.JPG]

(02-08-2014, 04:24 PM)folkertino Wrote: I still have the jersey, but his sig is gone. This is what it looks like now, autos from the 2011-12 Valencia team including Vitor Faverani, Nik Caner-Medley, Florent Pietrus, Nando De Colo, Stefan Markovic, A.J. Ogilvy, Brad Newley, Justin Doellman and Bojan Dubljevic:
Is this the jersey you were planning to use for that card project you had? I remember reading about it a while back. But I can't remember the exact jersey.