`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question about a card

Question about a card
I recently bought a Tim Tebow card for my pc from COMC. It says it is a "make ready" and limited to 5. I've never heard of a make ready so i was hoping someone could explain. Is it similar to a printing plate? Any help is appreciated.

RE: Question about a card
Make Ready is the name of the card that had a jersey piece in it, using his Tebowing pose, if I remember correctly. It's a Father's Day insert. The one you got was one of the "printing proofs", which are 5 of each color. Not really sure what they are exactly supposed to be....

Anyhow, this is one of the different variations of the jersey card:

(01-28-2014, 02:41 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Make Ready is the name of the card that had a jersey piece in it, using his Tebowing pose, if I remember correctly. It's a Father's Day insert. The one you got was one of the "printing proofs", which are 5 of each color. Not really sure what they are exactly supposed to be....

Anyhow, this is one of the different variations of the jersey card:
Thanks alot! Mine is the pink one and to be honest i got it because of the tebowing picture! haha! Anyway, thanks for the info

Make Ready is actually just a paper version of a card that has a single color on it. They look like a single print plate was used, hence all one color. They used to make these to verify that the color looked good, and were never put in packs, but now Panini has made them into a parallel of cards typically in the Father's Day and Black Friday packs which supposedly are limited to 5 of each color. The "pink" one is actually magenta.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Very interesting! I appreciate the info!