`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Coating question

RE: Plastic Coating question
In the MJ market peel ON is the way to go, some cards can add $100's to the value if graded with peel ON!

With grading,
If it's good enough to grade with peel on I would always leave it on, if it wont get a good grade on, I'd then peel it off!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Buy with the peel on, sell with the peel on. The surfaces on these cards are easily scratched, hence the protective coating in the first place. Cards graded with the peel on will still command a premium, but they're also harder to get high surface grades in. Because the grader can't grade the actual surface below the peel, they have to grade the peel as the surface, and the peels are often scratched, peeled up slightly in a corner or bubbled. So...if you're going to encapsulate it by grading then there's not really any reason to 'not' remove the peel as it shouldn't have another opportunity to get scratched up.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)
Video 
I believe this has the Peel on. The Rodriquez does for sure. The 1st is the Atomic Refractor.[Image: ShinShooChoo1refractor.jpg].[Image: ShinShooChoo2Refractor.jpg].[Image: ARodriguezCenturionRefr1998Fines-3.jpg].[Image: ARodriguezCenturionRefr1998Fines-1.jpg]