`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1990 topps frank thomas nnof

1990 topps frank thomas nnof
hey I was wondering if the 1990 topps boxes that had the Frank Thomas NNOF came from the east coast and were the 50c pack values any info would be appreciated thanks.

RE: 1990 topps frank thomas nnof
I really dont know from where it was pulled but I do know that is was counterfeited very often so any buyer must be beware. Personally Ive never seen it.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I would only buy a graded one since it is counterfeited so much.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

The fakes are usually easy to spot if you know that there is more than just the name missing from the front. There is also some black missing in the trim and not just the name missing, there are also a few other cards from that set with splotches of missing black ink. Here is an article that was printed in Beckett about it a while back.
[Image: BeckettPage1.jpg]
[Image: BeckettPage2.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-28-2014, 10:09 AM)djohn Wrote: The fakes are usually easy to spot if you know that there is more than just the name missing from the front. There is also some black missing in the trim and not just the name missing, there are also a few other cards from that set with splotches of missing black ink. Here is an article that was printed in Beckett about it a while back.
[Image: BeckettPage1.jpg]
[Image: BeckettPage2.jpg]
Is this one? I am certain it is. I am in Massachusetts so it makes sense. I'll try to attach a picture...[img]http://[/img]

Did any of these ever show up in factory sets? I have one that is still sealed. Should I open it?

(02-01-2020, 12:16 PM)cspen Wrote: Did any of these ever show up in factory sets? I have one that is still sealed. Should I open it?
I have never heard of one coming out of a factory set. It would be a great rumor to start though, as it would boost the resale value on sealed factory sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would hate to open mine only to find a normal Thomas rc.
One question: How much value is lost if I open a factory set if any? Or does the value for a factory set remain the same if it's sealed or not?

It might border on dishonest, I don't know since I'm not the morality police, but I've seen the local flea market with 1990 Topps sets sealed for $100 with a note "may contain Frank Thomas NNOF." I would guess, to some, the mystery would have an appeal.

I personally am not going to pay a premium for a sealed 1990 Topps set. As far as I'm concerned, the sun rises and sets in The Big Hurt's rear, but I'm still responsible about collecting and I feel dropping a Benjamin on what will more than likely be clutter, is irresponsible. But please do not let my principles influence you one way or the other. Do what you feel is right for your collecting situation.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

OK The suspense got to me and I opened my factory set. While I didn't expect to find a Frank Thomas nnof card in there, I was still a little disappointed that there wasn't one there.