`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2010 upper deck gold jason varitek /99

2010 upper deck gold jason varitek /99
I just pulled of these. I have a gold /99 posey and brian wilson, both sf giants. i don't see many on ebay. anyone have values on a gold varitek and a gold posey. my posey is psa 9. this varitek looks like an 8 or 9.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2010 upper deck gold jason varitek /99
When I can find eBay sales of a particular card I usually look at others from the same set... All those cards book crazy high from that set. I pulled a common and was shocked at the BV.

A pujols and a wright went for $4 Dlvd... And a schierholz went for $18 Dlvd. Sales are all over the place, but most are way below the schierholz for bigger stars than varitek.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

The Posey gold will get some good money. People bust this stuff just to get the base Posey RC, the gold is sought after by many. The Varitek, eh, maybe $5
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-26-2014, 11:28 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: The Posey gold will get some good money. People bust this stuff just to get the base Posey RC, the gold is sought after by many. The Varitek, eh, maybe $5

(01-26-2014, 11:28 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: The Posey gold will get some good money. People bust this stuff just to get the base Posey RC, the gold is sought after by many. The Varitek, eh, maybe $5
great, thanks so much.

great, thanks so much.

Yeah I know the Posey back in his hayday was selling for upwards of $300. It won't get that now but its a very nice hit. Pretty much the best card you can get out of that set.
EDIT: Looks like the last one sold on the bay for $180. If you wait until the season rolls around you could probably get 200. Which is insane for a card /99 with no mem or auto...

The reason the card out of /99 sells so high is because UD had just one parallel, the gold /99. Topps has so many different pointless parallels that the values are a joke.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(01-27-2014, 05:01 PM)cross4444 Wrote: The reason the card out of /99 sells so high is because UD had just one parallel, the gold /99. Topps has so many different pointless parallels that the values are a joke.
I agree that UD did the that right in their main set with just one parallel. I just wish they would been more creative with the card rather then just add gold to the lettering.

Yes, but don't forget how different Upper Deck's flagship was from Topps. Topps makes their sets based around borders and designs. Upper Deck designed their sets around superior photography and minus a few bad sets, they stayed away from busy designs and borders. Gold lettering was as much of a parallel as was needed, anything else would have distracted from the card itself. If there's one thing suffering more than anything by the Topps exclusive license, it's photography.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

thanks for the help. mike

thanks so much for the info. really appreciate it. mike

I'm working on putting the 2010 Upper Deck set together, along with insert sets and the jersey set, since larger retail boxes and hobby boxes can be found for so cheap. I hadn't decided on the gold parallel set or the autos but I was surprised at how high the bv is for the golds vs. what they actually sell for.