`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 SPx: Two-box break

1997 SPx: Two-box break
Hands-down my favorite 90s product. Found a couple boxes for $100 each delivered (or at least that's what I haggled down to anyway) and popped on them hoping to make the set!

I ended up three short of the full base set, missing Dennis Rodman, Joe Smith and Eddie Jones so if anybody's got any of those PLMK! I've got a ton of doubles too, mostly from the back half of the set so JMarch I've got lots

The first box was pretty solid: Kobe RC base (my 2nd one, it's for trade!), MJ base (also my second one, but keeping for my set PC), Steve Nash gold.

Second box had absolutely nothing of note. Best card was the 'Zo gold that I actually already had.

Compared to '96 SPx I like the design even better but parallels/inserts are tougher. The golds are 1:6 (6 per box) in 96 SPx but 1:9 (4 per box) in 97. The Holoview Heroes are 1:75 in the 1997 version and I broke two full boxes, 72 packs, without hitting one, nevermind the impossible ProMotion inserts (1:252). I believe I pulled 3 Holoview Hero inserts in the two 96 SPx boxes I've busted.

All in all it was fun, just wish the second box had had something better. All the golds and dubs are for trade/sell!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: 1997 SPx: Two-box break
Nice bro, I've always loved busting 90s stuff! Once I get my org back up id love to work something out for the Kobe if you still have it
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Yea I also love the 90's stuff also, always fun to break. Congrats on the hits.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

The Nash Gold is something I want.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

older wax is a blast to rip
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ibuyselltradecards

*Instagram - IBuySellTradeCards

~If i COMMENT on your post then I'm Interested in what you have~

"NOTHING quality is cheap"

~Jordan, Bron, Kobes, HOFer Autos, Star Autos, Chrome Prospects, HOF/Star Rookies~

~EVERYTHING always has a price~

(01-23-2014, 12:00 PM)classical_hero Wrote: The Nash Gold is something I want.
It's still available! Love these cards. I'm glad JMarch has taken a bunch of 96 and 97 SPx golds off my hands before I do something stupid...like try to go for the entire gold sets too haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

SPx is your favorite, or specifically the 97 year? i stopped collecting around that time, never saw what the 97's dsign looked like until recently, i probably would have to agree with you. that's interesting about the inserts being tougher, i wonder why.

(01-25-2014, 10:10 PM)hercules21 Wrote: SPx is your favorite, or specifically the 97 year? i stopped collecting around that time, never saw what the 97's dsign looked like until recently, i probably would have to agree with you. that's interesting about the inserts being tougher, i wonder why.

I guess a little of both? haha Each of the first three years of SPx were really phenomenal looking cards. The '97, however, was my favorite of the three.

Not sure why they decided to seed the parallels/inserts a little rarer, but it's why I can't afford any MJs other than the base, that much I know!