`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: To crop to the card or to not crop to the car, that is the question!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave slab around the card.
75.00%
3 75.00%
Crop to the card
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
photos for my graded cards

photos for my graded cards
This thread is an informal poll to help me decide whether to include the slab on my photos, or crop down to the card. First some background:

I personally have always liked (whether it be my coins, currency and cards) to have my registry picture not show the slab. My feeling has always been we all know what the slabs look like, but I enjoy being able to see minor details (on a coin) and be able to read the backs of cards I'm not familiar with. Also, I feel if we can see the card really close up, I know I'll be better able to judge grading criteria better. My grades have run (on vintage cards) from 3.5 to 8. I know the more cards we can see, we'll become better at judging the grade.

So with all that said, I am probably going to crop down to just the card for my pictures to present in my registries. But, I'd still like everyone's opinion, and why you have that opinion please. Let's just make this a poll for the cold weather coming the next couple of days here in southeastern Iowa and all points north.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: photos for my graded cards
I leave the slabs on mine. I personally like to read the labels and see subs if applicable.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-23-2014, 08:15 AM)branesergen Wrote: I leave the slabs on mine. I personally like to read the labels and see subs if applicable.
+34 I agree 100% with Danny!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

When viewing cards on Ebay, I like to be able to look at the mini picture and be able to tell if there is a sub-par grade on a 9.5 that has no sub grades listed in the description. So, I suggest you give the sub grades in your description if you are going with cropping out the slab. I would pass your listing on up if there is no mention or picture of the slab sub grades to go off of.
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

(01-27-2014, 04:07 AM)cardariffic Wrote: When viewing cards on Ebay, I like to be able to look at the mini picture and be able to tell if there is a sub-par grade on a 9.5 that has no sub grades listed in the description. So, I suggest you give the sub grades in your description if you are going with cropping out the slab. I would pass your listing on up if there is no mention or picture of the slab sub grades to go off of.
Guess I should have explained. The cards I'm cropping are for my personal collection. When I do put cards on the bay, I leave the slabs on. As far as not having the sub grades on the pic in my pc, they are listed in my set listing, so someone could still see them there.

This how the pics will look in my pc, and like I said the sub grades will still be in the set listing.

[Image: 1961Fleer6BakerFc_zpsae45b8d2.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]