`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally decided on my first set to focus on in my return

Finally decided on my first set to focus on in my return
Thanks to all of the forum users who directly or indirectly have given such wonderful advice to a collector who is rejoining the active roster after a 20 year layoff. Though I gave the Topps flagship and other issues serious consideration, I keep getting drawn back to Allen & Ginter. Yesterday I was shopping with my son and came across a blaster of 2013 A&G and could not stop myself. While I didn't pull anything rare or #'d, I did get my first relic, which really excited me. This was my second blaster, and I continued to be very pleased with all the cards (including non-baseball) and cannot wait until I am able to purchase a couple of hobby boxes (waiting to start a new job, and get a few paychecks under my belt). Below are some of my favorites that I pulled.

[Image: 20140121_155731_zps2148049d.jpg]
[Image: 20140121_160147_zpse70cf019.jpg]
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

RE: Finally decided on my first set to focus on in my return
What are you looking for? I broke a box yesterday and I'm looking to unload all of it.

Yay! Great choice! There are tons of A&G set collectors which makes set building a fun experience. Bust a box or two and then hit the trading circuit.
Which aspect of the set are you going to focus on? Base, mini, relic, auto?
Whatever you decide, have fun!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-21-2014, 07:58 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: What are you looking for? I broke a box yesterday and I'm looking to unload all of it.
It is hard to say at this point as I have only opened two blasters. Right now I plan on focusing on base, though I cannot say for sure where I end up, as it depends on what I pull from any further boxes that I purchase. Unfortunately I have to wait a few weeks due to lack of income, and really have very little in way of trade stock. I am excited about the prospect of trading, though I am sure I will need help in getting up and running in that as I am a complete novice when it comes to on-line tradeing.
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

When you get everything organized just shoot me a message on what base cards you still need. No charge, Ill send them your way.

(01-22-2014, 04:02 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: When you get everything organized just shoot me a message on what base cards you still need. No charge, Ill send them your way.
Thanks, it will probably be at least two to three weeks before I am able to do that, so don't hold onto anything just for me.

(01-22-2014, 04:02 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: When you get everything organized just shoot me a message on what base cards you still need. No charge, Ill send them your way.
+1. Looking to unload what I have so take a look.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.