`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008-09 o-pee-chee marquee rcs

2008-09 o-pee-chee marquee rcs
Question...I am trying to add some 2008-09 opc rookies, I think I understand the MetalX version...it has the streaks in the back ground... but I am confused which is the Gold and which is the Metal...is the gold the thinner card and the metal is the almost gold chrome style?
Looking for Shane Doan and other current Coyotes. Steve Nash of the Suns, Fitzg
erald of the Cardinals, UND hockey players like Toewes, Parise, Oshie, Buphglin,
Zajac etc...favorite player is Stamkos...Rookies and autos.

RE: 2008-09 o-pee-chee marquee rcs
I believe the OPC logo is white on the Gold and is not (takes on the same look) on the Metal.
Only U.S. trading until further notice....

Hi:
I've had the same trouble until I found this response on another trading site. Hope it helps ..... good luck in your collecting .....

Base: No shine and very common, easy to identify...

Metal: It's the only parallel that doesn't shine rainbow. Turn it from side to side, if it doesn't shine rainbow colours and only reflects silver then you've got yourself a Metal.

Gold: Shines rainbow colours, but the O-Pee-Chee lettering is plain white with no rainbow reflection around the black lettering.

Metal-X: Shines rainbow colours as does the O-Pee-Chee lettering (the white part around the black lettering to be exact). Some have a textured mountain like backgrond too.
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

Never a problem to me

If got it out of a regular pack it is a Gold-- metal was only available in the update.

Metal is like chrome -- metal x is refractor-- where actually printed by the same guys that did Topps chrome back then. How do I know this? I have OPC metal hockey cards with Bowman Chrome baseball backs.

Also where it confusing to some is that sometimes the Metal X refractors DP NOT have the "x" lines on them.