`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack searching, normal or still unethical??

RE: Pack searching, normal or still unethical??
Guys, I don't pack search. I tried to tell the difference between the Wally mart packs and couldn't so i grabbed a few packs and opened them at home. All im saying is that I was curious about what was said on beckett about being able to pick the right packs. it seems like a lot of work for an UD $5 Jersey card. And if i saw some one searching i too would say something. Lastly i feel bad for the kids who buy at wally mart or target. They don't get a fair chance at the cool cards.

I buy all my hobby boxes and at a store that the owner does not let anyone touch the cards in opened boxes for pack sales, usually we just buy boxes or some even buy cases to bust, if I do buy just some packs from him he will not let you pick them he makes it fair for everyone, he just grabs them randomly and usually it works out great, in that store I have gotten a Pele autograph from Allen and Ginters, a Nick Sabin 1/1 and just today I got a /3 auto dual jersey card from Artifacts. So find yourself a hobby shop and see if they let you pick them. If he lets you search through packs, then others also are and you should go elsewhere, so it is fair to everyone including the little kids trying to open just a pack at a time. I have bought from dozens of stores over the years in town, but now am only buying from one store, good prices, lots of hockey boxes to choose from and he does not collect or open himself, just runs a tip notch shop for collectors of this hobby. Its a hobby for me, a business for him, he calls us all "Crackers" we just love to open or crack packs and boxes, he even calls the overly addicted "CrackerJacks" So have some self restraint and control. I do go to Walmart at times and see opened boxes or packs and think, Kids! hope it is not an adult!

Looking for Shane Doan and other current Coyotes. Steve Nash of the Suns, Fitzg
erald of the Cardinals, UND hockey players like Toewes, Parise, Oshie, Buphglin,
Zajac etc...favorite player is Stamkos...Rookies and autos.

If there are several boxes of the same product stacked atop one another at Target, I always go for the bottom box. Hopefully, those haven't been touched by searchers. These seem to usually not have any packs missing, so I feel that the odds are better in those bottom boxes.

Most shops wont allow pack searching... We want everyone to have an equal chance at the hits. Happy customers come back.

That being said, the jersey card often means you're not getting the YG or valuable RC so most people today don't want the jersey packs...

(01-17-2014, 08:17 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I've got hundreds of jerseys and autos and have never pack searched. I just bust full boxes whenever I can and throw 99.5% of it up for trade for PC stuff. If you're in a shop that allows it, shop elsewhere, and if you want hits from retail, buy tins or blasters, not single packs.

Thanks, that's good advice, I have been wanting to get back into collecting but am put off by the pack searchers in y local target or Walmart. My LCS which is 15 minutes away is priced way to high, but I have got some hits in packs there.

Go BRUINS!!
Bump please

Don't pack search...that is all there is too it. Enjoy the hobby not the business of it.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr