Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official: Arod Banned

Official: Arod Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arbitrator-...37215.html

Unless he fights it to Federal court (I know he will, but seriously just to play spring training and a few games?P).

Kringing as I see all his cards drop the way of McGwire/Sosa. Sad

Thoughts?

RE: Official: Arod Banned
As a Yankees fan......Too bad its only for the 2014 season. Yankees need to get out of that contract. They are handcuffed as long as they have to pay him.

(01-11-2014, 02:42 PM)joba the clark Wrote: As a Yankees fan......Too bad its only for the 2014 season. Yankees need to get out of that contract. They are handcuffed as long as they have to pay him.
According to report he would be suspended for 2014 without pay, which 2014 was a major chunk of that Yankee money.

he also banne from any potential postseason games

not like it will matter in 2014, but still

there is a loophole, and he can play spring training games, and he says he will be going

the suspension will not mean the yankees get cap relief. they are still on the hook for his salary, just as any team for any player suspended for steroid usage

(01-11-2014, 02:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he also banne from any potential postseason games

not like it will matter in 2014, but still

there is a loophole, and he can play spring training games, and he says he will be going

the suspension will not mean the yankees get cap relief. they are still on the hook for his salary, just as any team for any player suspended for steroid usage
I wish they would suspended him without pay. That would make a lot of eyebrows raise and maybe that will help clean the sport up. Just like school no pass no play rule but in this case no play no pay rule. That would be lovely. I also bet when contracts come due for players I would not be surprised they add my comment to the contracts.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Hopefully this will be the last we see of him in the MLB.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(01-11-2014, 11:30 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Hopefully this will be the last we see of him in the MLB.
Hope you are right. Would hate to see him add to his career numbers. As it stands now, Aaron, Ruth and Mays are sandwitched between he and Bonds in home runs.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(01-11-2014, 10:36 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I wish they would suspended him without pay. That would make a lot of eyebrows raise and maybe that will help clean the sport up. Just like school no pass no play rule but in this case no play no pay rule. That would be lovely. I also bet when contracts come due for players I would not be surprised they add my comment to the contracts.
i wish they would suspend players without pay, but keep teams on the hook for that salary (maybe use the money to go towards the RBI program or something)

TEAMS need to be punished on this as well. You think the Mets dont know Colon is a PED junkie when they signed him? you think the Yanks didnt knowingly sign arod to the extension hoping that he just didnt get caught again?

teams should remain on the hook

Arod continually disappoints me. It would be nice if he was clean and a stand-up guy but then I guess, he wouldn't be ARod.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I hope this link works. So true in A-rods case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9mpDAJOPac
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]