`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scans!! Almost Finished Ugliest Game Used Set Ever?

Scans!! Almost Finished Ugliest Game Used Set Ever?
U-G-L-Y!!! Don't ask me why because I have no clue why I started this build!! However I am nearing completion on this set. It is 2001 Upper Deck Decade 1970 GU/Auto set. Only 97 completed sets can be completed due to Hank Aaron being a SP to 97 cards. I am willing to trade for or buy the remaining 3 cards I am missing!!
Johnny Bench
Bobby Murcer
Jerry Koosman
[Image: RollieFingers.jpg][Image: RicoPetrocelli.jpg][Image: TugMcGraw.jpg][Image: ReggieJackson.jpg][Image: KenGriffeySr.jpg][Image: CarltonFisk.jpg][Image: NolanRyan.jpg][Image: BurtHooton.jpg][Image: HankAaron.jpg][Image: BillMadlock.jpg]
[Image: firstclass-1.jpg]
http://s691.photobucket.com/user/Steven82180/library/

Collector of ALL Baseball Hall of Fame Players
Player Collector Roger Maris Game Used Prime and with Stripe Only

RE: Scans!! Almost Finished Ugliest Game Used Set Ever?
i actually like the set

That is a pretty sweet looking set! There are some serious heavy hitters in there
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Are you kidding me on the ugly!? That horrible green border only makes those on-card autos that much prettier!

People with epilepsy should probably not look at the entire set, but those are some amazing cards/sig's!!!

Yo man, not ugly at all! This was early in the 2000's when UD and Fleer were using nostalgia to retro Topps before Topps could think to do it. These are '75 inspired and I love them!

I'd say the 2012 Topps Golden Moments relics are the worst.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Both ugly and beautiful at the same time. Good luck with the last three!

Thanks Guys, I gotta say the more I get in the more I like them. Just a crazy color combo! I missed the 70's! Lol but it only let me load 10 photos I got 12 on hand and 3 i got off the bay coming in but i was hoping someone on here has my other 3!! Ive got a couple other gu/auto sets im building but this is by far the closest to being finished.

(01-10-2014, 09:13 PM)cardman1980 Wrote: Thanks Guys, I gotta say the more I get in the more I like them. Just a crazy color combo! I missed the 70's! Lol but it only let me load 10 photos I got 12 on hand and 3 i got off the bay coming in but i was hoping someone on here has my other 3!! Ive got a couple other gu/auto sets im building but this is by far the closest to being finished.
I've never seen those before .... And I love them! What a cool project, too. Can't wait until you complete it! So cool! I love the Rico Petrocelli card !
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

It started when I bought the Hank and i started looking found out there were only 18 cards in this subset so decided to try. Im not very patient and I cant wait til its done either. After this thread dies down ill show them. I figure one will be a lifetime of hunting and searching!

I love the look of the set....much better looking than the boring Topps Tribute stuff they're putting out today!
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]