`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MAIL DAY!!! couple of great PC adds!! Can you help me understand this Manning card?!

MAIL DAY!!! couple of great PC adds!! Can you help me understand this Manning card?!
Ok I just got these in the mail, all bought separately via various auctions...

rodgers bowman rookie for my random star rookie PC

and then two for the main PC collection of former tennessee vols...

MY FIRST MATT SIMMS AUTO!!! (i have the contenders auto on the way now too!!) it's funny, these are rookie autos but he technically isnt a rookie this year.

Lastly....this Manning card...The 1999 Edge Masters (HOLOGOLD)....kind of a white whale oddity for manning collectors. The OPG says it books for $100, and is numbered to 25....however, this card, I cannot find any serial number....anyone know anything about this? I bought it for $8....a bargain if it's the real deal....

photo SCAN0780_zps133babe5.jpg
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

RE: MAIL DAY!!! couple of great PC adds!! Can you help me understand this Manning card?!
SORRY CANT HELP YOU, BUT IT IS A NICE CARD. CONGRATS.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

RE: MAIL DAY!!! couple of great PC adds!! Can you help me understand this Manning card?!
I wanna say its the hologold silver without looking it up. I know there are a couple version. If you have the hologold thats $100 you know you have it. I did the same thing with the Ricky Williams when it went up on ebay for $10 lol turns out it was a $2 card haha
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

nice mail! love the manning.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

the manning, without numbering, is probably a backdoor bankruptcy card. edge had a ton of them in 1998, especially with hologolds and holosilvers

Maybe it is supposed to be a print run of 25? I have the Odyssey hologold of elway that is print run 20, books for more than most autos i have of him lol. Thats the only thing i can think of. Either way nice card!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(01-09-2014, 10:02 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the manning, without numbering, is probably a backdoor bankruptcy card. edge had a ton of them in 1998, especially with hologolds and holosilvers
Quoted for truth.

The most common culprit is the 98 Odysey cards. Edge seriAl numbered all of their rare cards. Anything without a serial number was meant to be a replacement card that was leaked after it closed
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

thanks for the input everyone
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]