`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This is what I hate....

This is what I hate....
was looking at this card on the bay.... now I know the odds of the jersey ACTUALLY being a Dion Jordan jersey are slim.... most likely one he wore for a few seconds at an event.

But c'mon..... cant card companies make it not so obvious and not use somthing from the jersey that shouldnt be used for that particular player...

[Image: 271366599531_1_zps9d963cee.jpg]

Now what part of a "Dion Jordan" jersey is this?..... obviously not from "HIS" nameplate and its last years uni's in the first place.... which is a whole 'nother argument all-together!

What do you guys think?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

RE: This is what I hate....
I think they just get Jerseys and do what ever when it comes to producing cards. An actual Game Worn Jersey sales for a pretty penny, and I don't think card companies would spend that kind of money to destroy a piece of history for a card.I look at all the cards of Vintage Players like Babe Ruth and so on and if you look at the Bat Cards, the lumber in the card looks like new wood, not of a Vintage Bat. That is just my 2 cents.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

jywilli69: at least with the bat, there is a possibility that the piece came from the middle of the bat, where the weathering and stain/etc wouldn't get to, which would mean it would still look like new wood.

phinz: I can't even tell what name it actually is, but it isn't Jordan! Though, I wonder if maybe they made some with their nicknames on them (what nickname could have BA in it, I have no idea)? Dunno. At least you have more than two colors on there. I think I only have 1 Packers card that has more than 2 colors one it.... The Packers jerseys don't lend themselves to multiple colors...

(01-09-2014, 02:11 PM)bojesphob Wrote: jywilli69: at least with the bat, there is a possibility that the piece came from the middle of the bat, where the weathering and stain/etc wouldn't get to, which would mean it would still look like new wood.

phinzSadwhat nickname could have BA in it, I have no idea)? Dunno.
I was thinking the same thing with the nickname... maybe its B.A. as in - B. A. Baracus ... hehe

And spot on about the bat..... even logs that have been underwater for over 100 years still look new when you cut em open

(01-09-2014, 02:19 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I was thinking the same thing with the nickname... maybe its B.A. as in - B. A. Baracus ... hehe

And spot on about the bat..... even logs that have been underwater for over 100 years still look new when you cut em open
I've done antique furniture refinishing, and you only have to go as deep as the stain soaks into to get to wood that looks new Smile I refinished a chair that was over 100 years old (had 45 layers of paint on it! yuk!) and once I got below the ruined finish and restained, it looked like a brand new chair Smile Well, of course, except for the one leg where a mouse had chewed on it for several decades while the chair sat in a barn.

Same thing with Patterson patch cards this year. They are all from last years Vikings jerseys. Which is why I haven't purchased any of them. I guess I'm picky like that. lol

I was wondering that as well. I was thinking about bidding on it anyhow. The name does bother me but i already know he barely touched the jersey even if it was his name.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Perhaps it was a misprint... should have been B.W. for bench warmer. Dude has major upside, but a #3 overall needs to play a LOT more.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Wow! That's terrible man. Lately I've been wondering myself about the authenticity of some jsy cards. I just won a dual patch of elway/marino from ultimate which is college uni. Do you know how much a authentic college jsy of those guys would cost! I can't see them cutting up something like that for cards either. All we can do is hope they're authentic i guess
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(01-09-2014, 08:07 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: Perhaps it was a misprint... should have been B.W. for bench warmer. Dude has major upside, but a #3 overall needs to play a LOT more.
I think he will be fine... with olivier vernon coming on strong and with all his "Shouder Injury " setbacks during training camp and preseason they didnt need him to come on strong!... I think having another training camp allowing him to "Learn More" and put on some more muscle is gonna make him a beast (hopefully)