`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on set

Opinion on set
So last year I built the Ty Lawson prizm refractor "set" and thought I'd go for it this year. I have the regular, the green, the blue, and red white and blue mosaic.

Yesterday I was high bidder on the Black 1/1 at $200 but at the last second got sniped and went for $225.50. I figure I'll never see this card again so wonder whats the point. Also there are 11 different variations and 2 blacks. Since I've already seen the Black 1/1 go think I should just cut my losses?
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]

RE: Opinion on set
if you pc lawson, i dont see why you would stop. its still nice putting as many prizms together as you can, and then one day that black will show up again. i know i will never have every card of my pc players, but it doesnt make it less fun trying to get them.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I would say keep going. You might still be able to get the other 1/1. Of course the Rainbow looks best with the 1/1 version, but I think, especially with so many variations, that this years prizm rainbow will still look really nice even without the black.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Cards always come back around....
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

It is most likely someone else who is trying to do the rainbow as well. So if you get the other black 1/1 they may decide to give up on their quest and end up putting their 1/1 up for sale. I definitely wouldn't give up yet.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-09-2014, 05:54 PM)djohn Wrote: It is most likely someone else who is trying to do the rainbow as well. So if you get the other black 1/1 they may decide to give up on their quest and end up putting their 1/1 up for sale. I definitely wouldn't give up yet.
Ya good point. I'm going to keep chasing it. I love the look of the cards and who knows maybe 20 years down the line it pops up again. Just didn't think I'd see the 1/1 that quickly

I seen I out there too! I was thinking about going for it as my son PC Lawson. I want to rainbow something for him. Either Prizm, crusade... something.
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

I think you should keep going. First of all, cards do tend to come back if you are patient enough (even 1/1s). Also, I've been chasing 2005-06 Topps Finest auto set for one of my PC players. And even though there are a lot of 1/1s and the chances of getting all of those are slim to none, the feeling you get every time you get a new one to add to it it's great. And let's be honest, they still look great together.

(01-10-2014, 11:26 PM)bryandwells1 Wrote: I seen I out there too! I was thinking about going for it as my son PC Lawson. I want to rainbow something for him. Either Prizm, crusade... something.
I'm going after Prizm and Crusade rainbows, they're great looking cards, would be awesome PC for your son. I have last year's prizm also, only 4 cards so was easier to get