`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am Absolutely Done with Walmart Blasters

I am Absolutely Done with Walmart Blasters
For the second time within a week. I went to Wally World and picked up some Prizm blasters. Last week, it was in Destin Florida and today, in Lithia Springs Georgia (outside Atlanta). Both boxes had be picked through, resealed, and back on the shelve for sale. The good thing, I didn't totally leave the store before I opened them. In Florida, when I picked up the box, it didn't feel like the other two boxes. I thought it was a good box and bought it. But after I paid for it something said open it in front of customer service. Anyway, you know the outcome. The box today had some baseball packs in it and they were Topps baseball cards.

Top view

[Image: IMG-20140108-00087_zps74d6d01f.jpg]

Opened Prestige pack

[Image: IMG-20140108-00088_zps814d1161.jpg]

Topps baseball pack

[Image: IMG-20140108-00089_zps71c36fb2.jpg]

I went back to customer service and got my money back both times. With purchase to day, I bought 6 rack packs along with the box and only got a Calvin Johnson Green Prizm and a James Lofton Blue Prizm.

[Image: 001_zps3aef0995.jpg]
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

RE: I am Absolutely Done with Walmart Blasters
Yes the trash that did this around where I live was not allowed to buy in Target or Walmarts ever again. I always open any boxes I buy at the Customer Service booth before I walk out
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(01-08-2014, 10:50 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Yes the trash that did this around where I live was not allowed to buy in Target or Walmarts ever again. I always open any boxes I buy at the Customer Service booth before I walk out
lol really?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(01-09-2014, 12:43 AM)pudge27t Wrote: lol really?
+1
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(01-08-2014, 09:43 PM)kollectornet Wrote: For the second time within a week. I went to Wally World and picked up some Prizm blasters. Last week, it was in Destin Florida and today, in Lithia Springs Georgia (outside Atlanta). Both boxes had be picked through, resealed, and back on the shelve for sale. The good thing, I didn't totally leave the store before I opened them. In Florida, when I picked up the box, it didn't feel like the other two boxes. I thought it was a good box and bought it. But after I paid for it something said open it in front of customer service. Anyway, you know the outcome. The box today had some baseball packs in it and they were Topps baseball cards.
One test you can do: get chummy with an employee, and have them let you know when they are going to stock the card boxes, like what time and what day, beforehand, so you can go in as they're putting them out. Purchase a blaster, then open it there at the Customer Service counter. If you have this happen again, it's an employee that's doing it, and you can get someone fired for it, or at least you can get management to start investigating it (since you can prove that it's an employee at that point). If management doesn't want to do anything about it, get some documentation of when you went, who you talked to, etc, and then contact corporate and give them the information.

If they aren't like that, then at least you can have some heads up to when they are going to be out before the jack holes come in and steal stuff.

DAMN, THAT IS A REAL BUMMER.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Funny thing is, all these places have a HUGE sign printed in HUGE letters directly behind these "customer service associates" that says collectibles, along with CDs, DVDs, etc., are not returnable.

"But since it's sealed ..." they think ...

What exactly about "not returnable" do they not understand?

Either that or they don't give a crap. Or both.

(01-09-2014, 08:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Funny thing is, all these places have a HUGE sign printed in HUGE letters directly behind these "customer service associates" that says collectibles, along with CDs, DVDs, etc., are not returnable.

This is why I will check into what Bojesphob said. I have the feeling that it could be Excell or the other company that supply walmart. It could be an employee but, somebody is bringing them back. I told the lady at customer service that a real collector or person who buy those boxes will never bring them back unopened. I know I open mine when I get in the car or right when I get at home.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

big problem in this area (Richmond, VA) to - not unusual to see empty boxes sitting on the shelves.

I've bought a couple that had been opened (one blaster of Prestige literally had every pack open and only a couple of common cards left) - a blaster of Philadelphia football had the jersey card swiped, but the other packs were fine (whoever did that was not only dishonest but stupid, since the blaster had one of the car mini inserts and the other one was Drew Brees - and since I bought the blaster to get the mini inserts not caring about the one color event worn jersey card that every other blaster of Philadelphia football I got had in there) I wasn't even that upset about that one. Plus, it was sold at a deep discount

Got another discounted blaster which again had every pack opened with only one or two cards in a pack.

The thefts were endemic at the Targets for a while, but they seem to have gotten better - Wal-Mart has gotten worse which is a good thing that I never go there
(01-09-2014, 08:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Funny thing is, all these places have a HUGE sign printed in HUGE letters directly behind these "customer service associates" that says collectibles, along with CDs, DVDs, etc., are not returnable.

unfortunately, i really do not think they care very much - with employees being lowly paid and generally treated poorly (at least when I spent a summer working at Wal-Mart when I was in college, they treated the employees like dirt) and the company adopting a "the customer is always right" policy they will get away.

And btw, cds and dvds are returnable at Target if you exchange for the same item if they are defective.