`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When will Contenders Boxes Drop in price?

When will Contenders Boxes Drop in price?
We are a week out since release and I was wondering when people feel Contenders boxes will fall? It seems every 2013 product has dropped so far this year. Select just dropped by 30 bucks. I am a buyer of a case at 110 per box.

RE: When will Contenders Boxes Drop in price?
contenders is a higher end product with not only rookies but veterens and hall of famers too.. I doubt youll see it drop and if it does it wont be as much as you hope
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Is it worth buying a case at $130 per box?

Depends on what you mean by "worth it". You obviously place a high value on the fun associated with ripping wax so in that sense a case of Contenders might just blow your mind. Can you put a price on that? But if you're talking about at the end of the day if you will be able to get more money for the pile of cards that you took out of wrappers than what you paid for it, well then very few boxes/cases are ever "worth it" unless you get a major hit. You definitely pay for the privilege of ripping it. It's a lot like buying a new car. You pay for the "new car smell" and for the comfort in knowing nobody else has owned that car (at least I do) but you lose money in terms of resale value the moment you take possession. If you think those things are worth paying for then you buy new. If not then buy used.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(01-08-2014, 12:55 PM)nobleshobby Wrote: Is it worth buying a case at $130 per box?
No. The price will drop near $100 a box for a case. The only high end guy is Lacy that actually did anything on the field.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

Wait til Exquisite and National Treasures hit, and you usually see a drop at that point(if there will be one)
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.