`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why I effing buy retail, RIGHT HERE.

This is why I effing buy retail, RIGHT HERE.
OK, so last week I busted three CRAP hobby boxes of Prizm, hoping for some nice prisms or autos of Ben McLemore of the Kings.

I got exactly two base rookies and three of those HRX things of McLemore.

The best prism I pulled — by far — was an Andre Drummond purple insert/49.

No prism rookies, no prism stars, just a few scrubs.

The autos?

Even worse.

The best one — again, by far — was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.

My others?

Tyson Chandler prism/25
Norm Nixon prism/25 — yeah, in a $100+ box. Norm Nixon.
Alexei Shved
Carrick Felix
Mason Plumlee

For $327.

And I didn't even pull a base Michael Carter-Williams rookie.

In three boxes.

For $327.

So flash forward to tonight, and I see at Target that they have exactly ONE value pack left (three packs plus a pack of prisms for $9.99).

Last card in the free prism pack:

[Image: BennyFlag_zps8bc11547.jpg]

I also notice two blasters sitting by themselves, away from the other Prizm blasters, so I figure they must be the lucky ones.

Last pack of second box:

[Image: BennyGreen_zps9ce08a3f.jpg]

Yeah, that's right! TWO McLemore prisms for a total retail cost of $53.97.

I was WAY happier with these retail pick-ups than the beloved "hobby" crap that I pulled.

Although, to be fair, other than a Kyrie Irving insert, I didn't hit any other good pulls out of the retail stuff, either.

As much as I like the product itself, I think I'm done with Prizm.

RE: This is why I effing buy retail, RIGHT HERE.
Nice pulls! I have been trying to get him or MCW in my breaks but keep getting Victor Oladipo.. Since I am KU fan I love that red white and blue mosaic!

Thanks man ... yeah, I hadn't thought of the Jayhawk color scheme, LOL.

The weird thing is, McLemore and MCW are the guys I hit all the time in Hoops and Prestige, I have like six of each of them in each product.

Your lucky I have only gotten a gold base in Hoops of Mclemore and just base of Prestige and others. I did pull a red Dominique Wilkins certified auto to 10 though.

(01-07-2014, 11:41 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Your lucky I have only gotten a gold base in Hoops of Mclemore and just base of Prestige and others. I did pull a red Dominique Wilkins certified auto to 10 though.
I could do a base Hoops McLemore, base Hoops MCW and base Prestige of MCW for the gold McLemore if you're interested.

Thanks I might consider that, I have to see if i have another. I agree with your assessment of prism though I bought one hobby box and got Victor O and a green refractor of Nash. This week i might get the Jumbo box though.

(01-07-2014, 11:48 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Thanks I might consider that, I have to see if i have another. I agree with your assessment of prism though I bought one hobby box and got Victor O and a green refractor of Nash. This week i might get the Jumbo box though.
I've heard the jumbos are pretty good.

(01-07-2014, 11:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've heard the jumbos are pretty good.
I just saw the breakdown on the jumbo boxes, and I think I may take the dive and get one. 4 autos and 20 prizms seems like a really nice breakdown for a box. Definitely seems better than buying 2 hobby boxes, and cheaper too.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-08-2014, 06:31 PM)djohn Wrote: I just saw the breakdown on the jumbo boxes, and I think I may take the dive and get one. 4 autos and 20 prizms seems like a really nice breakdown for a box. Definitely seems better than buying 2 hobby boxes, and cheaper too.
That's a nice count on the autos, but 20 prisms? Man, talk about watering them down.

SWEETNESS
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK