`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage wrappers - How should I store/protect

Vintage wrappers - How should I store/protect
I recently obtained a 1963 topps and 1963 fleer (both 5 cent) wrappers.

What is the best way to protect these? Is there any wider toploaders out there that fit the wrappers when it is positioned as if it were sealed again?

I would like to be able to somehow attach the topps wrapper (protected of course) to the binder with my 1963 set I have been working on.

RE: Vintage wrappers - How should I store/protect
Depending on the wrapper size, two pocket or single pocket Ultra Pro sheets work well. As examples, I have 1968 and 1972 wrappers in two pocket pages along with the sets in a binder. 1978 wrappers are slightly too big and sit in a single pocket sheet.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Vintage wrappers - How should I store/protect
I also use the two pocket ultra pro sheets, but I cut them in half.

I post the half-sheet on cardstock, and I put a card from that year, plus examples of any inserts as well (all in penny sleeves, of course), and I printed out a nice display page to post them all on. (I use double-sided tape to tape the display page to the cardstock, or print directly on the card stock).

I have a wrapper set run from 1963-1985, and if you like, I can send you a couple of photos of what it looks like in the binder.