`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need a new MJ auto: Update- GOT ONE!!

Need a new MJ auto: Update- GOT ONE!!
Well, as some of you may have seen in the trading section, I wasn't able to get the MJ auto white whale I wanted. As a result, I have roughly $1k in paypal now and it will surely be burning a hole in my pocket very quickly.

I would like to upgrade my MJ auto since I sold my old one as part of my fundraising. Definitely want something in a Bulls uniform, preferably around $750 max. Graded and/or pre-2000 a definite plus. Any suggestions are welcomed!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Need a new MJ auto: Suggestions?
Nice problem to have Big Grin lol i'll get to looking on the bay.

What was the MJ card you did not win?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

i have several mj ink i can send you pics of if you want to pm me
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ibuyselltradecards

*Instagram - IBuySellTradeCards

~If i COMMENT on your post then I'm Interested in what you have~

"NOTHING quality is cheap"

~Jordan, Bron, Kobes, HOFer Autos, Star Autos, Chrome Prospects, HOF/Star Rookies~

~EVERYTHING always has a price~

Not as many choices as I was thinking there would be. Def a bigger premium for Bulls autos vs UNC. I'd send in an offer or two on some of the BIN/BO's and see if somebody accepts.

(01-06-2014, 12:12 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Not as many choices as I was thinking there would be. Def a bigger premium for Bulls autos vs UNC. I'd send in an offer or two on some of the BIN/BO's and see if somebody accepts.
Yeah I scoured eBay and came to a similar conclusion. I like the UD glass autos and/or autofocus ones but there aren't as many on there right now as there usually are. I'm considering just holding off for a week or two to see if anything else similarly desirable surfaces, but I don't know if it will!

@nick: the card was a 1996 SPx Record Breaker auto /250. BGS RCR 9 w/ 10 auto and matching hologram COA. Bid 1333.33, went for $1575, or almost $400 more than the last non-graded one (w/ a COA) went for. I really thought my bid stood a shot, but 3 separate people outbid it in the last 10 seconds. I just love that card by itself, great die-cut look, hologram, black Bulls jersey pic, it really has everything. No dice though. Maybe soon I hope!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

I think the best ~$750 or less 90s autos are the Jordan camp autos. A 1996 SPX GOLD BGS 8 w/10 auto recently sold for less than $700. A 97-98 SPx silver also recently sold less than $700. They are obviously not packed pulled but neither was the record breaker #'d/250.
 photo mjheader.jpg

(01-06-2014, 08:12 AM)zinger82 Wrote: I think the best ~$750 or less 90s autos are the Jordan camp autos. A 1996 SPX GOLD BGS 8 w/10 auto recently sold for less than $700. A 97-98 SPx silver also recently sold less than $700. They are obviously not packed pulled but neither was the record breaker #'d/250.

That's a good point. It still appears in beckett though so it has a premium as opposed to the IPA ones from the Jordan camp.

They do get him to sign some nice cards there though, I have definitely considered it.

Unfortunately the MJ Auto Card I have is a UNC one from Exquisite.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Hey man I don't know if you have checked COMC but there is this card listed:
2009-10 Upper Deck UD Select Spokesman Signatures #SSMJ - Michael Jordan SP

They are asking $999 for the the card which is quite a bit more the BV, I have been watching this card it has been on there a while so the seller may take a lower offer on it. IMO it would not hurt making him a reasonable offer on it.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]