`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Auction Pickups, Yankees! Check It Out

Sweet Auction Pickups, Yankees! Check It Out
Went to an auction today in a snow storm, I guess it was worth it though. I picked up these two things.

1954 Ballantine New York Yankees Beer Sign $50
[Image: 296kc2t.jpg]

1949 Bowman Yogi Berra $60
[Image: 4kz7n7.jpg]
[Image: 2628e4z.jpg]

Can I please get some opinions and stuff Big Grin
What do you think the Berra would grade?
Photobucket

RE: Sweet Auction Pickups, Yankees! Check It Out
I dont know what the Berra would grade as... however those are some great pick ups! I would love to find some items like those for those prices.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Those are 2 awesome pieces of Yankees memorabilia! The Ballantine's sign is an amazing find (unless its some unknown reprint .... I have a story, a little OT, but won't bother you with it now) and a 49 Berra Bowman? Outstanding! Doesn't look to be a good grading candidate, IMO. Looks a little stained/faded and the one edge looks a little rough. I'm no expert, but I can't see it coming back anywhere above a 4. ... Maybe a 3-3.5 range, if I were predicting. Maybe in person it might be a little better (or worse) ... Anyway. I don't care about the condition ... It's a freakin' 49 Berra! So cool!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The Berra ehh maybe a 5? I don't know I'm obviously not a pro grader.

I think the Berra would probably be like a 3 3.5 maybe but still a great find and nice pick up!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The Berra is awesome no matter what it grades at (as long as it's authentic)
Congrats on the pick-ups, the Beer sign is totally cool too and would make a nice wall piece.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]