`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to buy? 200 to spend.

RE: What to buy? 200 to spend.
Obviously hitting a specific player is very hit or miss, as is getting a couple of Bruins rookies. Also, unless you buy a higher end product, you will typically have slim chances at a patch.

For $200 a couple boxes of Artifacts might get you 2 chances at patches as well as several rookies and likely 2 rookie redemptions. This will give you probably the best chances of hitting what you want or getting some trade bait back. I have seen several great boxes, but also a lot of duds.

The new Dominion is very nice, but it would pretty much blow your $200 on one pack / box of 6 cards. You are guaranteed to get a rookie patch auto card and 3 other hits along with your 2 base cards.

The other option, as has been noted above, is to buy into a few group breaks - usually a nice mix of low to high end boxes for decent money. Bruins and Red Wings have a lot of collectors, so good luck getting them. You can buy teams on some breaking sites, but those are hit or miss as well. I have been buying into group breaks for a month or so and really enjoy seeing all of those boxes get opened, plus I have gotten several nice cards from The Cup, Prime and Dominion. I will not spend that much money for that few cards, but in the group breaks you have a shot of at least getting one or two.

My advice would be to buy something that you will have better trade value in and if you don't get what you want trade for it. Otherwise, check out some groups breaks and see if it is something that you might want to do.

Sorry - not much help.

That was a lot f help actually, thank you! I was thinking of maybe buyin a few packs of a couple different products off DA or BO but too nervous about lessening odds on hits by diversifying products. I think my decision is pretty much made. Will probably go with artifacts. Will post when I order an break. Thanks for the help!

Buy singles
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I agree. For $200, you're better off buying single cards of SP Authentic, UD Young Guns & other mid-end cards of players like Lucic, Krejci, Marchand & Datsyuk or if you're going modern, go for cards of Krug & Dougie Hamilton. You'll appreciate it a lot more than blowing $200 on a couple boxes & getting $70 worth of stuff that you'll sell on a certain auction site just to make enough money to buy some young guns in the first place.