(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thank you kevinr (part 3 apparently)
01-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Thank you kevinr (part 3 apparently)
I see that Kevin decided to be everyone's Secret Santa! Big Grin

Thanks Kevin for the belated but fantastic Christmas gift!!!

Here is what he sent me:

[Image: KevinrFreebies.jpg]

And to top it off...

[Image: JJ2012PromPGold.jpg]

Thanks a bunch, Kevin! I hope I can find a way to return the favor sometime in the future.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Thank you kevinr (part 3 apparently)
Yea I decided to throw in a little something when I sent out the chase cards. I hope you enjoy yours also, that JJ card is a pretty sweet card I was pretty pumped when I pulled it, I am glad it is with someone that will enjoy it.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]
01-05-2014, 01:23 AM
(01-05-2014 12:32 AM)kevinr Wrote:  Yea I decided to throw in a little something when I sent out the chase cards. I hope you enjoy yours also, that JJ card is a pretty sweet card I was pretty pumped when I pulled it, I am glad it is with someone that will enjoy it.

I am definitely really happy to add it to my JJ collection. As soon as I saw it, I knew something was odd about the firesuit piece. That is my 1st firesuit piece with silk-screening on it. I really want to find out where that piece of fabric could be from. I thought that all logos were stitched onto the suits, but this one is obviously not all thread.
Also, the Harraka is my first card of him. I first became interested in him when I heard his racing story and found out he is going to Duke University too. He has had an interesting journey into NASCAR and I hope he does well.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
01-05-2014, 10:07 PM
That JJ piece is very sweet looking! I'm not sure any of my RU pieces have silk-screening? None that I noticed at least. Pretty cool!

Adam, I didn't know you collected Harraka? I had a 2012 Fanfare RU piece not long ago I would have gladly sent to you. Sorry partner...I didn't know.

Kevin really outdid himself. I believe even Santa himself is blushing from the glow of Kevin's generosity! Truly a gracious act.

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- R. Howard, L. Harrell, B. DeWitt, B. Ziegler -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
01-08-2014, 01:33 AM
(01-05-2014 10:07 PM)Mikarlo Wrote:  That JJ piece is very sweet looking! I'm not sure any of my RU pieces have silk-screening? None that I noticed at least. Pretty cool!

Adam, I didn't know you collected Harraka? I had a 2012 Fanfare RU piece not long ago I would have gladly sent to you. Sorry partner...I didn't know.

Kevin really outdid himself. I believe even Santa himself is blushing from the glow of Kevin's generosity! Truly a gracious act.

Kevin truly did outdo anything I would have thought about.

Jason, I don't exactly collect him yet. I just became interested in his story (either early in the 2013 season or late in the 2012 season). I started to pay more attention to his runs during last season. I mentioned to Kevin that I was interested in that card for another reason as well, Fanfare holofoil diecuts are just great-looking cards.

01-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Well I am glad you guys truly appreciate the cards, I liked the contest Mikarlo had and I have a card I want to do a contest with but I am have yet to come up with a good question to ask but be looking for it soon.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]
01-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice stuff you guys are keeping the NASCAR board alive

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
01-13-2014, 11:21 PM
(01-13-2014 08:44 AM)alstott9adams Wrote:  Nice stuff you guys are keeping the NASCAR board alive

We TRY to keep it going. Smile Too many NASCAR collectors seem to focus only on racing and so they go to the other sites. All of us that show up here collect others sports as well. That's why I continue to do more on this site than the NASCAR-specific ones. It helps bring in trades from the casual racing buyers.