`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's One Redemption Topps Won't Be Filling

Here's One Redemption Topps Won't Be Filling
Used my Christmas gift cards to split a box of Sterling with a friend and pulled this (boxtoppers fall 1 in 174 boxes).

[Image: redemption.jpg]

But wait, see anything strange? The second name on the card, Phil Bickford, was drafted 10th overall by the Jays, but they didn't sign him and he's off to college, so as far as I'm aware, he can't sign anything.

Given that the signing deadline was in July, I find it strange that Topps didn't cut this card before the December release of Sterling.

Oh well, the other pitchers are a strong group, woulda been cool...hopefully Topps will send me something nice in its place.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Here's One Redemption Topps Won't Be Filling
That's so ... Topps of them.

Wow thats a crying shame because those are some good prospects there. I'm interested to see what you get back for it.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

seriously, they couldnt have changed those redemption cards between july and december?

Crazy that he went 10th overall and chose the college route. Must not like Canada or something.

Heck of a pull. Hopefully they do something nice for it and just replace the player with another pitching prospect. Although the way topps has been rolling, maybe they will redeem after te kid leaves after his junior year!

Hmm, I'm guessing they had him down on a draft of this card and forgot to remove/replace when they printed it out. I'd contact Topps, but I'm sure they have a plan in place for these. Demand that they replace him with Mark Appel!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Congrats on the pull! You broke some long shot odds! 1 in 174? How many boxes to a case? Regardless of who is on there,That is a heck of a pull!
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

(01-04-2014, 01:03 PM)Petillo65 Wrote: Crazy that he went 10th overall and chose the college route. Must not like Canada or something.

Heck of a pull. Hopefully they do something nice for it and just replace the player with another pitching prospect. Although the way topps has been rolling, maybe they will redeem after te kid leaves after his junior year!
I think Appel was picked around 8 and held out another year and went first overall.
Several years ago rangers took Matt purke and couldn't meet hiss bonus demands so he went to school got injured and wasn't a first round pick again

Seems crazy that he'd roll the dice when he was picked 10th overall. I mean, what's the opportunity cost of a year when your potential career is only like 0.1-20 years (tops).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Typical.....
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*