`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is our resident Alex Gordon collector?

I can't remember if it was Josh Niefert or Chris Ross, but if its either of you guys, and you (or anyone else, for that matter) are still interested in collecting Alex Gordon, well here's a unique opportunity.
I've never seen this many 1/1 of a single player up on 'the Bay' before. Some guy on eBay, seller name Biggymoe, has 79 printing plates up for BIN ($99) / OBO right now.
Just looking out for y'all Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Who is our resident Alex Gordon collector?
IT'S ME!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Oh yeah, I've talked to this guys so many times. He bought in big time when Gordon was a super prospect and paid several hundred dollars for each plate. Now he won't budge on his prices :/

$99 is an improvement though, he had several listed for well over $100 a couple months ago. Thanks for looking out Dr Mitch!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

i thought he meant 99 for all of them, not each....lol. *i* was gonna jump on that :p

That was my thought too! I've made what I consider a fair offer on all of them, but he balked. He's from Nebraska where Gordon played in college, so he's a fan as well. He's willing to part for his price but is happy keeping them if nobody wants them that badly, so I can't blame him for wanting a premium for them. He tells me he's trying to get out of collecting them, but every time one comes up for auction he outbids me!

(01-02-2014, 01:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i thought he meant 99 for all of them, not each....lol. *i* was gonna jump on that :p
That's what I thought too. $99 for each will keep them in his collection forever.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(01-02-2014, 01:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i thought he meant 99 for all of them, not each....lol. *i* was gonna jump on that :p
Same here lol!!! Anyone would jump on those
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

If it was $99 for 79 printing plates, BiggyMoe would have already been paid, and you would have been reading about the best lot purchase I ever made Smile

(01-02-2014, 01:32 PM)cross4444 Wrote: IT'S ME!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Oh yeah, I've talked to this guys so many times. He bought in big time when Gordon was a super prospect and paid several hundred dollars for each plate. Now he won't budge on his prices :/

$99 is an improvement though, he had several listed for well over $100 a couple months ago. Thanks for looking out Dr Mitch!
NP.
Hey, always on the look out to help a friend.
It's always a good opportunity when someone unlocks the vault to let out a group of 1/1 hostages Smile it would be well worth $99 to me to buy a missing plates of a card that would complete a set that i've been trying to compete for years.
Hopefully, there's some negotiating room between you and Biggy. It would be nice for you to liberate some 1/1 cards and have them join your collection. Smile
Good Luck!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You're right, if any of them were completing a rainbow I'd jump all over it. The problem is that this guy is the reason I never try to start printing plate rainbows since he's always sniping them away for his collection! He's a good guy, he just has a bit more in his pocket than I do.

(01-03-2014, 02:43 AM)cross4444 Wrote: You're right, if any of them were completing a rainbow I'd jump all over it. The problem is that this guy is the reason I never try to start printing plate rainbows since he's always sniping them away for his collection! He's a good guy, he just has a bit more in his pocket than I do.
That sucks!
He sure did corner the market, though!
Hopefully (for your sake) he needs to raise some money, have a fire sale, and you can pick up a few pieces at a reasonable price.
What's good about this though, is if he does sell a bunch at that price, he's kinda protecting the value for him and the buyer. When collectors go back and research sales, the numbers will look better if he sticks to a higher price for 79 plate sales! If he sells 10 at $50, he's almost setting a price that will work to his detriment. If he sells the first 10 plates at his asking $99 rate, he sets a precedence and almost assures that the next sales will be closer to $99.
At least that works in theory. Smile