`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Break of 2014 - nice little New Years"pop"

RE: 1st Break of 2014 - nice little New Years"pop"
(01-01-2014, 07:04 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Are you doing the set or something? Or did he get traded to the Phillies and I missed it, LOL?
No...I'm asking you do YOU want or need the Die-Cut pictured...what the h##l would I want with his card....LOL

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

All of Fernandez's cards in Topps Chrome had a Mariners logo, it's not just the orange refractors. I didn't mean to take anything away from this card, but the orange refractor + an RC phenom in an orange uniform + the orange Marlins logo would have been a perfect combination. 2 out of 3 ain't bad though.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(01-01-2014, 07:10 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: No...I'm asking you do YOU want or need the Die-Cut pictured...what the h##l would I want with his card....LOL
Ah, see, it was that lack of a subject and question mark that originally that had me confused — I thought you were saying YOU wanted it/needed it.

I was going to offer to trade it to you, or maybe even just send it to you because, as we know, that's how I roll.

(01-01-2014, 07:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ah, see, it was that lack of a subject and question mark that originally that had me confused — I thought you were saying YOU wanted it/needed it.

I was going to offer to trade it to you, or maybe even just send it to you because, as we know, that's how I roll.
Hey...first off Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one for you and yours. Thanks for the long winded NO (LOL). Reason I asked, was I never got around to sending my "Christmas" packages out and was going to slip it into yours as a part of a "Little Christmas"...day the wisemen showed up...package (I procastinate so they will be late also....LOL). Hope your holidays were great. Carry-on....

(01-01-2014, 07:33 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hey...first off Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one for you and yours. Thanks for the long winded NO (LOL). Reason I asked, was I never got around to sending my "Christmas" packages out and was going to slip it into yours as a part of a "Little Christmas"...day the wisemen showed up...package (I procastinate so they will be late also....LOL). Hope your holidays were great. Carry-on....
Thank you sir. Happy new year to you and yours as well.

Did you ever do any Bowman Draft?

No...Jose esta muy pobre (plus the wife would have killed me and I really needed the 1 1/2 months of not looking at cards off) Sorry...no Puigs.

(01-01-2014, 07:49 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: No...Jose esta muy pobre (plus the wife would have killed me and I really needed the 1 1/2 months of not looking at cards off) Sorry...no Puigs.
"Jose esta muy pobre" — no habla, senor.

(01-01-2014, 07:21 PM)cross4444 Wrote: All of Fernandez's cards in Topps Chrome had a Mariners logo, it's not just the orange refractors. I didn't mean to take anything away from this card, but the orange refractor + an RC phenom in an orange uniform + the orange Marlins logo would have been a perfect combination. 2 out of 3 ain't bad though.
+1 and as Rez stated, still think it looks cool and really wish they would have done a correction card.

(01-01-2014, 08:03 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1 and as Rez stated, still think it looks cool and really wish they would have done a correction card.
Wow! 1 1/2 months cold turkey! You've got an iron will, my friend!
I buckled on New Years Day. I was trying to hold off until Topps 2014 series 1 hits the market, but saw some retail and I just had to get it. Picked up 2 racks of Prizm and one Mega Box. I should have stuck to my original plan. Got zilch. Although, even the worst Prizm Rack Pack has been better than most of my Bowman packs this past year.
Anyway, I think you had a great break. Fernandez Orange is awesome and the Bradley Jr cards are great! .... And pulling a retail auto ?!?! That's just the card-gods way of telling you that they've missed you Smile
Happy New Year, Joe!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-03-2014, 11:14 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow! 1 1/2 months cold turkey! You've got an iron will, my friend!
I buckled on New Years Day. I was trying to hold off until Topps 2014 series 1 hits the market, but saw some retail and I just had to get it. Picked up 2 racks of Prizm and one Mega Box. I should have stuck to my original plan. Got zilch. Although, even the worst Prizm Rack Pack has been better than most of my Bowman packs this past year.
Anyway, I think you had a great break. Fernandez Orange is awesome and the Bradley Jr cards are great! .... And pulling a retail auto ?!?! That's just the card-gods way of telling you that they've missed you Smile
Happy New Year, Joe!
I'm fairly certain card collecting is very similar to being addicted to gambling, or heroin....you just cant kick it!