`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 'Diamond Vision' finally arrived!
12-30-2013, 11:42 PM
My 'Diamond Vision' finally arrived!
Finally got my box in today. I opened them and wasn't initially too happy. I knew I got my money worth b/c I pulled 2 Dale Sr. cards. But I pulled 2 duplicate base cards and only one PC card. No Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace cards. I did pull a Rudd base for my PC and an Irvan base for Jason.
I do not have scans, but they wouldn't help much anyway since these are Sportflix-like cards. I will list what I pulled and post the Beckett links to the info pages. The links have scans for some cards and anyone with OPG can see the BV's.

Base cards (9 total)

http://www.beckett.com/racing/1998/upper...nd-vision/

#8 - Bill Elliott
#9 - Ernie Irvan (for Jason)
#10 - Ricky Rudd (PC)
#12 - Ricky Craven
#13 - Bobby Labonte (2x) Not a bad one to pull twice
#14 - Kyle Petty
#15 - Robby Gordon (2x) Least valuable card that can be pulled

Signature Moves Parallels - 1 per 3 packs (6 cards)

http://www.beckett.com/racing/1998/upper...ure-moves/

#S3 - Dale Earnhardt (in the 2nd pack - big BV pull)
#S8 - Bill Elliott (another decent BV card)
#S12 - Ricky Craven
#S13 - Bobby Labonte (also a nice BV card)
#S14 - Kyle Petty
#S15 - Robby Gordon (lowest BV of all SM parallels)

Now it's time for the best pull. It came from the very 1st pack and I was a bit suprised.

Vision of a Champion (1 per 40 packs)

http://www.beckett.com/racing/1998/upper...-champion/

(Beckett has the # of this card listed wrong. Even the scan they have shows the correct card number.)

#VC3 - Dale Earnhardt (The only cards with a higher BV from this release are the JG Reel Time inserts.)

All in all, it was a fun break. The cards look really good, even though some are damaged straight out of the pack. Just some scratches on the plastic surface, no creases or chipping - these cards are VERY thick. The foil packs are inside individual boxes, so it's a pack-inside-a-pack break. It was fun and I'd love to do it again.
If anyone needs/wants some of these (besides Rudd and Mikarlo's Irvan card), send a PM/TO or post here.

Thanks for looking!

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: My 'Diamond Vision' finally arrived!
Wow, great pulls on the Dale Sr cards, Adam! Too bad on no base Rusty, Gordon, or Martin though. So do I understand correctly, only 16 bards per box? Man, they must be pretty thick!

Honestly, I had not heard of this set until you mentioned you were getting a box. I was planning on trying to pick up a few more of my Lady Driver autos I needed this month, but I'm half tempted to pick up a few of these old 90's racing boxes. I found these Diamond Visions and a few other Upper Deck sets boxes for between $25-$36 per box. Might be kind of fun to pick a few up just to see what I can come up with? (Honestly, I should have done something like these instead of that box of '94 PP I picked up a few months ago.)

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- R. Howard, L. Harrell, B. DeWitt, B. Ziegler -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
12-31-2013, 12:43 PM
I may be interested in one of the Bill Elliot's depending on bv.

[Image: OKimtze.png]
12-31-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 03:18 PM by spazmatastic.)
(12-31-2013 12:43 PM)minitracer Wrote:  I may be interested in one of the Bill Elliot's depending on bv.

I will check your ORG tonight after work. Combined BV for both is less than $15.

(12-31-2013 11:48 AM)Mikarlo Wrote:  Wow, great pulls on the Dale Sr cards, Adam! Too bad on no base Rusty, Gordon, or Martin though. So do I understand correctly, only 16 bards per box? Man, they must be pretty thick!

Honestly, I had not heard of this set until you mentioned you were getting a box. I was planning on trying to pick up a few more of my Lady Driver autos I needed this month, but I'm half tempted to pick up a few of these old 90's racing boxes. I found these Diamond Visions and a few other Upper Deck sets boxes for between $25-$36 per box. Might be kind of fun to pick a few up just to see what I can come up with? (Honestly, I should have done something like these instead of that box of '94 PP I picked up a few months ago.)

Yes, 16 cards per box and they are very thick. They are about the thickness of 5 regular PP base cards. I had never heard of these either until I was looking around on DAcardworld. When I saw the Beckett info for them, I thought they were cool. I got the box for $33.95. Not bad for the $150 in BV I pulled out.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
12-31-2013, 04:53 PM
(12-31-2013 03:10 PM)spazmatastic Wrote:  I will check your ORG tonight after work. Combined BV for both is less than $15.

Yes, 16 cards per box and they are very thick. They are about the thickness of 5 regular PP base cards. I had never heard of these either until I was looking around on DAcardworld. When I saw the Beckett info for them, I thought they were cool. I got the box for $33.95. Not bad for the $150 in BV I pulled out.
I actually think I'm gonna pass , I didn't realize they were that card design. Thank you anyway and Happy New Year!

[Image: OKimtze.png]
12-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Too bad you did not get any PC hits.

Jerry

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Not bad

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
01-04-2014, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 02:23 AM by spazmatastic.)
(12-31-2013 05:13 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote:  Too bad you did not get any PC hits.

Jerry

I did get one, Jerry! Wink I pulled the Ricky Rudd base card. I would rather say that I did not get a 'significant' PC pull.
I did manage to make a trade with my (6 year old) nephew for several low-BV NFL cards that he had for my team and player PC's. He went for value over quantity and took the Robby Gordon Signature Moves parallel for 8 cards that had a total of $3.45 in BV. I gave him several options and he decided he wanted the one $3 card instead of two $1.50 cards or three $1.25 cards.
After the trade, he asked me if I had a case for it. Big Grin
I did find a thick toploader with pennysleeve from a recent trade to put it in for him and he was more than happy... for a little while. He got a childrens Tablet PC for Christmas and once it is charged up, everything else is of no interest until the battery gets too low! Big Grin Tongue
(01-03-2014 10:12 AM)alstott9adams Wrote:  Not bad

Thanks, man. I took a shot at some older cards, even knowing that I had little chance of some PC cards. I got some awesome-looking cards, had fun busting the packs, and pulled some cards with really nice BV's.
I can't complain and I would happily do that bust again. If D&A has some boxes left come tax refund time, I might get another box.

01-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Oh did not know you collected Ricky Rudd, I need to remeber that.

Jerry

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
01-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Hey man nice break congrats. Sweet Dale Sr. pulls.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]