`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Brock Snipe! (Updated)

Lou Brock Snipe! (Updated)
Just sniped this Lou Brock Auto on Ebay for $10!!! What you guys think?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1982-SUPERSTAR-68...36;_57.JPG

Well after 2 weeks it has finally arrived! Going to send it to get graded and Certified, is it better to go to Beckett or PSA for this???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Lou Brock Snipe!
If it's authentic, it's awesome. (Is it PSA certified?)
If it's authentic and the seller actually ships it to you, even more awesome.
As a general rule of thumb, with my experience on eBay, if it isn't in your hands, you haven't won a thing.. (In other words, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Smile ) I've "won" some incredible things that sometimes, a day or two later, the buyer must have felt remorse, or it sold for less than it was bought. Then they come up with a story about how the card was used as a teething ring for their infant, or a chew toy by their dog, or their long lost uncle returns from the dead to reclaim his card collection, etc, etc.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-30-2013, 10:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If it's authentic, it's awesome. (Is it PSA certified?)
As a general rule of thumb, with my experience on eBay, if it isn't in your hands, you haven't won a thing.. (In other words, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Smile ) I've "won" some incredible things that sometimes, a day or two later, the buyer must have felt remorse, or it sold for less than it was bought. Then they come up with a story about how the card was used as a teething ring for their infant, or a chew toy by their dog, or their long lost uncle returns from the dead to reclaim his card collection, etc, etc.
+1

(12-30-2013, 10:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If it's authentic, it's awesome. (Is it PSA certified?)
Haha well as for the authentic part I compared it to about 25 signatures and it seems to be the same one, as for getting it into my hands we'll see what happens haha as he hasn't shipped it yet!

I think what DrMitch was asking is if it has papers? Is it a certified auto? If not, then it does not have any value until it is certified. But, if YOU collect him, then its invaluable.... Smile

+1. This has happened to me several times.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

This will be going to either PSA or Beckett on arrival so was me luck!

Well I do wish you luck. Let us know the outcome and Happy New Year.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

(12-30-2013, 11:25 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: This will be going to either PSA or Beckett on arrival so was me luck!
If you checked and compared, it probably is real, and for your personal collection, you don't need authentication. Only if you want to sell it easier and for more money.

I have several pieces that were signed in front of me. I know they're real and unless I sell them, I don't really need authentication. The weirdest auto of my collection is Phil Rizzuto's sig on my copy of Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell album. Do I need PSA? Nah. Not selling it.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This will be going to either PSA or Beckett on arrival so wish me luck!

Oops lol ignore this