`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Box Breaks: A Top Rookie AND Another 1/1 in 4 Days!? Beating the Odds!

More Box Breaks: A Top Rookie AND Another 1/1 in 4 Days!? Beating the Odds!
Hey everyone, as you all remember, I had some rather unnatural luck with my Christmas Eve breaks, pulling a 1/1 Carey Price, an Emerald Selanne #/10 from Fleer Retro, a Yakupov Ruby parallel #/150, and a Carey Price Black Diamond rookie from only two blister packs. Yesterday, I was sick, so sick I had to miss work and was pretty much bedridden and very out of it. Today I was good enough to go back to work and had one of those days where I wanted to smack everyone in the head. To unwind, I decided to stop by Wayne's Sports Cards to see what they had. Always a tough choice, but I settled on a box of 2010-11 Black Diamond and the last 4 boxes of 2011-12 Panini Limited at $59.95 a box.

Now usually, my breaks hit a hangover phase of nothingness after the luck of my Christmas ones, but nope, today the luck was in full force.

Let's start with the Black Diamond. Jerseys were meh, the parallels, and most rookies were meh, as well, however, a Gretzky Team Canada Die-Cut and a Taylor Hall Rookie Gems were an epic conclusion to that one:

[Image: dec28hits3_zpsb2e0384c.jpg]

Now onto the four packs of Limited. Base cards and parallels are not listed here, however, the boxes were decent on the whole. The hits:

Phenoms #/299
Anton Lander, Roman Horak, Cody Hodgson

Jerseys #/99:
Jason Spezza, Kyle Okposo

Freshmen Jumbo #/199:
Adam Henrique

Crease Cleaners Jersey #/99:
Jonas Hiller

Retired Numbers #/99:
Mark Messier

Jumbo #/99:
Sidney Crosby

Jumbo Prime #/50:
Pail Stastny, Bobby Ryan

Jumbo Jersey/Autograph #/25 (damaged unfortunately)
Saku Koivu

But wait, where's the 1/1 I mentioned?

[Image: dec28hits1_zpsa70a9cae.jpg]

Oh wait, here it is (not as exciting as the Price, but hey, 2 1/1s in 4 days is nothing to cry about, right?)

[Image: dec28hits2_zps36857503.jpg]

Note all Edmonton cards are only sold locally, and Hiller will be placed on a certain auction site. I do not really have the time or patience to go through the entire trade process at this time.

RE: More Box Breaks: A Top Rookie AND Another 1/1 in 4 Days!? Beating the Odds!
Nice break! Would love a shot at the Crosby and the Hodgson,
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

Way to keep it going! May the force be with you! Congrats.
Go Avs Go!

Sick #"d 1/1
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK