`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Wanted - What is this worth? Mariano Rivera (scan heavy)

Opinions Wanted - What is this worth? Mariano Rivera (scan heavy)
I worked on this project a few years ago. I am not looking to get rid of it but I am curious what other collectors would say it is worth.

The frame is pretty heavy duty. It measures 34" x 34" x 2".

Thank you for your input.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

[Image: 046.jpg]

[Image: riveria.jpg]
[Image: mvp8.jpg]
[Image: rivera1.jpg]
[Image: mvp17.jpg]
[Image: mvp9.jpg]
[Image: MVPPATCH17.jpg]
[Image: mvp23.jpg]
[Image: rivera5.jpg]
[Image: rivera2.jpg]
[Image: rivera3.jpg]
[Image: rivera4.jpg]
[Image: NYYPATCH210.jpg]
[Image: NYYPATCH04.jpg]
[Image: rivera6.jpg]
[Image: moauto1.jpg]
[Image: moauto.jpg]
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Opinions Wanted - What is this worth? Mariano Rivera (scan heavy)
I'm sure it'd be worth a pretty penny, but for all the work you put into it, it's got to have more value to you than anyone else. That's saying something because you did an incredible job! If you were looking to sell, I would replace or remove the green Donruss autograph, but that's my personal taste. One autographed card is enough, and that '96 Leaf Signature card is the essential auto'd card that any Mariano fan would love to have since it's his first. The color scheme from that card fits the jersey background better than the green IMO. All in all, I couldn't put a price on it because I'm no expert. My feeling is that Mariano Rivera will always be popular with collectors and Yankees fans, so the price for such a fine collection will only go up over time.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Wow, sweet display! I'm not a Yankee collector so i don't have any idea what it would go for, but it's very cool.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

That's extremely cool, no matter the player. I'd say out of collectibility, rarity, etc, a couple grand, but how many, not sure.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I guess the big 3 questions for me: is the Jersey an authentic one? GU or not? Auto or not?
The cards are awesome and the value not impossible to assess, but the jersey could swing the value majorly if the answer to the 3 parameters above are all yes.
Wonder if the Beckett Appraisal Service would evaluate this awesome display? Probably worthwhile just for insurance purposes alone.
Regardless, it would be a priceless addition to any Yankee Fan's Man Cave!
Thanks for making me eternally jealous of you! Smile and seriously, never sell that! I'd sooner put one of my kidneys up for auction before thinking about selling that piece!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-25-2013, 10:43 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I guess the big 3 questions for me: is the Jersey an authentic one? GU or not? Auto or not?
The cards are awesome and the value not impossible to assess, but the jersey could swing the value majorly if the answer to the 3 parameters above are all yes.
Wonder if the Beckett Appraisal Service would evaluate this awesome display? Probably worthwhile just for insurance purposes alone.
Regardless, it would be a priceless addition to any Yankee Fan's Man Cave!
Thanks for making me eternally jealous of you! Smile and seriously, never sell that! I'd sooner put one of my kidneys up for auction before thinking about selling that piece!
Thanks for your comments. The jersey is authentic but not game worn or autographed. My plan is to get the jersey auto'd eventually if the stars align just right Smile
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

my opinion (take it for what its worth) I say a couple Gs. one thing that threw me off was the 2 auto cards. would think it would only need 1. also the various GU cards don't match. some with NYY and some with MVP. I bring this up only from a buyers point of view. visually it would lower the value (at least for me) if I had this made for myself then it would be fine but minor issue for me if I was buying it. what his bowman rookie to take place of one auto and if jersey got auto'ed then the other would be expendable as well. wish you the best. hope that you never have to sell this piece though

With the NYY along the left and the MVP along the right I didn't even notice they were different. It wouldn't bother me as a collector, so each their own in that regard. I do agree that replacing one of the autos with a rookie could be cool. I hope you're able to get it auto'd someday, that would really be the icing on the cake.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Gorgeous display my friend. Those auto cards alone are a couple pretty high dollar ones, I have the green millennium marks my self and sure did pay for it to say the least. It is a card I will cherish forever though. Such a beautiful Signature, one of the best around IMO. I really like how half of the relics are d/c MVP and NYY.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes