`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gypsy Queen Mini Variations

Gypsy Queen Mini Variations
I bought a box of 2013 Gypsy Queen. As I was checking the mini to see which ones were the variations I noticed I had 10 of them.. I wonder if the ten were the ones that were in the special mini box that comes with the Hobby box. Any idea if this is the case. Unfortunately I mixed all the minis up with the packs I opened so I don't know for sure.

[Image: Corbin_zps8f5735c3.jpg]

RE: Gypsy Queen Mini Variations
Yes, the mini box had the variations.
Currently building: 2015 Topps S1/2/UP, 2016 Topps Series 1, 2016 Gypsy Queen
Super Collect Jeff Samardzija
PC: Frank Thomas, Andruw Jones, David Justice, Duke Basketball, Notre Dame Football

Was that the case with 2012 as well? Because, I've checked some of them and they weren't VAR.
My 2013 were all VAR
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the answer to my question. Now here is another. Are the SP's only found in the little box that comes in the hobby box or can they be found in the packs as well.

The photo variation mini's from 2013 were only in the box-loader, 2012 had them in the boxloader but they were also randomly inserted in the regular packs as well.
The true short-printed mini's from 2013 fell about 1 per box and were only in the regular packs. If you want to see which version you have they have them all listed here:
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-...ions-guide
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Thanks for the helpful answer and the link. It made it easier to tell me if I had the variation or not.

The mini-box variations may have been shorter printed than the base versions, but they seem to sell for about the same amount in spite of the book value difference. When putting my set together I have mixed variations with regular minis depending on what I could get a better deal on.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]