`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
box of 1989 fleer and loose box 83 topps from antique store

box of 1989 fleer and loose box 83 topps from antique store
My uncle found a box of 89 Fleer only missing 2 packs the rest were sealed for $10 and a loose box of 83 Topps for $2. I opened them today and got these with some others I didn't scan, the Ripken is an error card with what they say is "Rick Face" on the bat knob but it clearly says something else, I was pleasantly surprised with the BV on it.
[Image: A1_zps93ef14e2.jpg]
[Image: a2_zps0c07f227.jpg]
[Image: 3iOMt.png]
Collect all type of Mets cards from modern era along with Hamilton, Braun, Fielder,Lincecum, Mauer, H Ramirez, and other current MLB stars
http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af20...WGrizwold/

RE: box of 1989 fleer from antique store
Can you check me for one of the Bill Ripkens?
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

RE: box of 1989 fleer and loose box 83 topps from antique store
2 of the fface ripkens, not bad!! As a kid I was constantly looking for that card and bought countless packs and boxes and never got the uncensored one.

One day I need to go get all my old cards from my moms house(if they werent destroyed in her garage) and see what variations I do have.

(12-23-2013, 06:19 PM)rentzington Wrote: 2 of the fface ripkens, not bad!! As a kid I was constantly looking for that card and bought countless packs and boxes and never got the uncensored one.

One day I need to go get all my old cards from my moms house(if they werent destroyed in her garage) and see what variations I do have.
I never heard of this card before, I laughed when i realized what the knob said and what Beckett is calling it. I was happy about the 2 Griffey rc's.

Collect all type of Mets cards from modern era along with Hamilton, Braun, Fielder,Lincecum, Mauer, H Ramirez, and other current MLB stars

(12-23-2013, 06:32 PM)mets5757 Wrote: I never heard of this card before, I laughed when i realized what the knob said and what Beckett is calling it. I was happy about the 2 Griffey rc's.

Yup really good box overall.

The randy Johnson had a variation too, there's a Marlboro sign over his left shoulder , fleer blacked it out like the Ripken after complaints or something

(12-23-2013, 06:45 PM)rentzington Wrote: Yup really good box overall.

The randy Johnson had a variation too, there's a Marlboro sign over his left shoulder , fleer blacked it out like the Ripken after complaints or something
Thought I got lucky on that too but I have the error card about his stats.

Interested in one of the ripkens

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

I remeber my LCS calling my buddies parents to see if it was OK for them to have the card. Fleer made a killing on this error and thus started the error wars of the 1990s.

I would love a shot at one of the Ripkens if they are for trade
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)