`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More vintage pickups ... I blame you all

RE: More vintage pickups ... I blame you all
(12-21-2013, 09:52 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: When I got back into the hobby I really had no desire to get into vintage. That's now changed. Mind you, I still don't have a lot or anything of substantial value, but I now find myself sitting in front of 5,000 count boxes piling through old stuff every time I go to the LCS. Not as good as my last trip with the Mantle and Killebrew, but still decent.
Nice card selection. Glad you've seen the light. I'll take full responsibility for your new found habit. Smile It's kinda comforting to know that when you pick up a vintage rookie card, there's no speculation involved, you already know how the story ends. Smile

(12-23-2013, 11:25 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice pick-ups. Congrats. For some reason, really love that 1970 set. Also, are all the 1968's offset to the right? Every card I see is like that. Thanks for sharing.
The 1970 set is cool, and because it's the first set without a Mantle, it's very affordable.
1962, 1968 and 1971 are all tough sets to find 'clean' edges and centered cards.
Don't think that they're all that way, but with that pattern, they're easier to notice than a plain white border. Just my opinion.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: More vintage pickups ... I blame you all
(12-23-2013, 05:25 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The 1970 set is cool, and because it's the first set without a Mantle, it's very affordable.
1962, 1968 and 1971 are all tough sets to find 'clean' edges and centered cards.
Don't think that they're all that way, but with that pattern, they're easier to notice than a plain white border. Just my opinion.
Gracias....noted on the '71's also but your right...that pattern probably "assists" in exposing centering flaws. Maybe I'll try collecting a "to the right of center " set....LOL

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.