`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
select break/review

select break/review
bought a mini box of select yesterday. ran me $70. initial thought.....almost exactly like prizm. all the way down to the "prizm" refractors. but i like the look and the box odds. 4 rookie cards per master box, 4 autos (2 jsy/autos), for prizm refractors.

anyway...highlights of my little mini box of 7 packs..no pics...

sweet geno smith insert
ace sanders rookie (qualm with the whole 2 rookie cards per mini box, why not have them serial numbered?!?!)
sam montgomery rookie / prizm refractor (nice to combine a rookie and prizm hit...but why did it have to be this guy?!?)
big ben prizm refractor

autos: fun stuff
bjoern werner auto /499 (yuck)

and then....obvious thick pack delivered a redemption card. and as always, i keep the redemption card flipped over for a few minutes and shriek in excitement and debate on who or what it could be. and when i turned it over, probably the best possible outcome for my personal collection. it was for a cordarrelle patterson auto/jsy. so after tons of wax opened this season, i finally personally pulled a CPatt auto. i was stoked to say the least. cant wait to get it!!!

i was on a high at that point and opted for some packs of strata. ended up pulling a Stedman Bailey auto (non clear cut), and a EDDIE LACY jsy relic Emerald /35...but the crappy part is that its only one color...white. yuck. and even worse, i thought at first it was a clear cut til i turned it over to find it was the jsy card. out of 35 is nice, but still, id take a base clear cut over that anyday of the week.

oh well. my review of select is that it looks like prizm but in my opinion, is put together better than prizm since they include jsy/auto cards and have lesser odds for rookie pulls (which hopefully makes the resale value better for said rookie cards, but im concerned about the lack of serial numbering there...)

next time yall hear from me on box breaking will likely be when contenders comes out. cant wait for that!

and no, the cpatt is not for trade. and several of mentioned cards are up on that website people sell stuff on. im at the point where im just selling anything that doesnt belong in my PC. spending way too much on cards, so i need to recoup some of that. i know its smarter to just buy singles for PC, but i have too much fun chasing things by opening wax.
[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

RE: select break/review
CONGRATS ON YOUR PC PULL.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

RE: select break/review
awesome that you pulled a player you wanted